FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Monday, May 23, 2005

"All you defeatists raise your hands"

To whomever it may concern,
I, Flash of Crapsville, hereby give 48 hours notice of my intention to desist from having non-platonic relationships with women. I feel that over the past 19 years I have given loyal & diligent service to womenkind, however I have become tired of the pretence, the futility &, most of all, the rejection. I feel my life will be much more fulfilling if I concentrate my energies on more rewarding activities such as making music & becoming a better blogger. I take with me many fond memories of my time involved with affairs of the heart & I hope some of the ladies whose lives I have touched will be able to look back & feel a similar fondness. All that remains is to thank those few whose faith has remained & wish the rest of the men better luck than I've had.
Yours defeatedly,
Flash

PS. I'm fine, thanks for asking.

PPS. What's the difference between an egg & a wank?
You can beat an egg! *Badum teesh*

9 Comments:

  • At 6:31 pm, Blogger Erika said…

    You alright, Flash? This seems a rather destitute proclamation.

     
  • At 6:42 pm, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    Been there. Done that. Didn't work.

    So sorry to be the one to break this to you, but even declaring myself a spinster and learning that being alone doesn't mean being less than others didn't seem to kill the eternal hope that seemed to keep springing. Which is, of course, why I turned to the devil's vice of on-line dating (aka my road to the nuthouse).

     
  • At 10:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'd need all the luck in the world and then some! I can't charm the ladeez like yourself & hate rejection so I've decided to give up and dedicate my life to music and alcohol instead.
    Only problem is it's now spring & the sap's rising. No matter how much women can & often do f*ck up your life you still want to go back for more *GRRR* LOL!

    PS where's my CD (you know the one *wink* )

     
  • At 11:08 pm, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    Now, now, let's be fair...women may f up the lives of men, but the reverse is also true (not to mention the fine men and women who f up the lives of people of their own genders).

    AND what AJ said...are you okay, Flash?

     
  • At 11:40 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    He says:
    we find a little room like a storage cupboard or something

    He says:
    then & this is not normal for me, we get straight into it

    He says:
    then 4 seconds later it's over!

    She says:
    get out

    She says:
    4 seconds

    He Says:
    shit, i meant hours

    She says:
    oh

    She says:
    good

    ooooooo

     
  • At 4:10 am, Blogger LavaLady said…

    I don't know if I can ever manage a truly platonic relationship with a man - I suppose I can *think* anything I want, right?

    But if I want to screw someone, is the relationship still platonic?

    Personally I think you should give it another go, someday. Never is a mighty long time.

    And now, I think I'll have a nice wank (as a woman, can I say that?). Because you can beat an egg...

     
  • At 9:05 am, Blogger LB said…

    this is a brave stance.

    presumably sometime in the next, say, forty years you are going to get a bit tipsy in the company of a lady and ensuing fumblage will occur. Fact.

    and you will also probably find that if you stop looking, it'll come and find you (although, granted, this isnt a strategy with which I am blessed with success).

     
  • At 1:32 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    most non platonic friends begin life as a platonice friend would you not say?

     
  • At 2:56 pm, Blogger Hyde said…

    I think that life will take you by surprise. I also think that if you spend your time on "rewarding activities" and self-development you will only become more and more attractive to the opposite sex. (So either way, it will work out!) Cheer up! :) Sending more hugs...

    -hyde

     

Post a Comment

<< Home