FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

"I'm going out for a while so I can get high with my friends"

So, Saturday night was actually quite fun & I feel guilty for presenting it a way that belied that fact.
I just got a bit pissed off at the undying quirk of fate that keeps taunting me - All women that find me attractive are either already attached or on another continent.
Honestly, I can state without fear of correction that I know of at least 4 women round these parts who've got the hots for me & all of them are already in relationships. I'm afraid my drunkenness was responsible for my moaning (thanks for the comfort by the way).
My drunkenness was also responsible for (& you may want to cover your eyes here) the sight of naked Flash on his hands & knees cleaning up all of the recently ejected vomit from my bathroom floor at 4am. At the same time I discovered that my houseguest had shit in the bath.
Yes, she may be all nice for a bit of a cuddle but leaving a plop in my bathtub is not acceptable. Especially not while she has a perfectly nice litter tray not 3 bloody feet away.
Bloody Purdy!

Purdy is the lead feline member of the Reckless & Dream Girl family. They are now in Cornwall on a weeks family holiday.

Sunday was a busy day. After a mercifully long lie in, Our Kid & SportyBruv came down from Yorkshire for a visit. They couldn't make it for The Boy's birthday last weekend but they had prezzies for him so they made the trip. It was nice to see them, we went out for a nice pub lunch & just hung out in the flat. Sunday's torrential rain quite literally pissed all over our plans to spend a nice day out in Warwick.
Our Kid, bless her, has often visited me since I left home. She's the only one though.
In 17 years my parents have been to Crapsville 3 times. Any guesses as to the occasions?

My smashing sister left about teatime & I had an hour or two of chill time before the next phase of the day.
With Reckless & Dream Girl going off to Cornwall on Monday morning & Funny Dance moving to Somerset at the end of this week, it was agreed that we'd all hang out together on Sunday night. We played Mario Kart, smoked many a spliff & just enjoyed each other's company. It was a bit emotional for the rest of them but my goodbyes don't come this the weekend. I'm dreading it.

Tonight, I will accompany Funny Dance to the pub, where a few of his friends are gonna give him a bit of a send off.

I may devote a post to the whole Funny Dance leaving drama over the next few days. I'm also thinking that when he goes I should let him know of World of Flash so he can keep up with my life. I know I've never said a bad word about him on here & I think he suspects the depth of feelings for Dream Girl, so what's to lose? What do you fine people think?

Anyway, I have a 6 year old boy who I have to surgically remove from his gamecube so we can go to the park. I may not be around much this week for I have a grand project to undertake. I WILL be posting on Friday, look out for it.
Adios amigos.

5 Comments:

  • At 3:21 pm, Blogger sunshine said…

    I think that telling Funny Dance about the blog is up to you.

    Keep this in mind.

    1. Do you trust him
    2. Will he get drunk one day and let it slip to other friends of yours
    3. Are their things you would like to keep from your dearest friends?

    Granted we are all your friends here, but we don't know you personally. Well a few have met you, but they don't know you as long or nearly as well as FD.

    It's your call. My advice is keep a lid on it.

    You can always keep in touch via phone and emails.

    The blog is SACRED.

    Your choice in the end.

    I know this week will be tough for you. You know where I am if you need to talk. : )

    ooooooooooooooo

     
  • At 5:54 pm, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    I would echo what sunshine said...though I wouldn't probably do things differently, I invited, at the beginning, a lot of my friends to read my blog. Many of them do, some of them who never comment, but have mentioned it. It makes me think a lot about what I write - what I want to put into the world.

    And +gasp+ a whole week of no Flash! ACK!

     
  • At 5:55 pm, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    Oops...I forgot to add, I'm sorry your friend is leaving. That does really suck. Stay sane.

     
  • At 11:07 pm, Blogger Charby said…

    A week of no flashy?
    This friday post better explain why and more than makeup for the withdrawal symptoms im gonna get

     
  • At 9:22 am, Blogger Babs said…

    I say keep it secret. I'm WAITING for one of the idiots here to let slip about my blog to the wrong people.

    I'm in deep shit, then.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home