FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Thursday, July 28, 2005

"It was only a kiss, it was only a kiss"

Explanation then, eh?

Monday was Nice's birthday & she had the day off work.
Tuesday I had a day's holiday.
Wednesday then was the first time we'd really seen each other for a couple of weeks as I'd been on lates. Wednesday was also a very quiet day for me in terms of what work I had to do so I hung out in the area that Nice works in, a lot. We had a lot of banter throughout the day & I teased her that I still owed her a birthday kiss. Later in the day we had quite the little talk. Turns out all is not well with her relationship & she wants out. Also that she had a crush on somebody & hoped something might happen with them. I pretended that I didn't know that the crush was me & asked if she thought her crush felt the same way. She thought so.
Now, 2 or 3 weeks ago she expressed a desire to come round & have a browse through all my old vinyl, being a bit of a collector. She called round when I was out.
It was suggested that she popped in on Wednesday after work. All my records are in my bedroom & it made sense to look at them there, especially as The Boy was in the living room playing on his gamecube. When the records where done with I said that "perhaps now would be an appropriate time & place for that birthday kiss?" She agreed. And so we kissed. A lot. It was wonderful. It was also quite passionate & things may have gotten a bit more steamy were it not for The Boy's presence down the hall.

Today at work we exchanged many a knowing glance during our many meetings in the smoking area with Lil' One & Lil' Mum. We also managed to sneak in a little kiss when no one was around.

I am excited & concerned in equal measure.
There's no two ways about it, Nice is a lovely girl. And I'm looking forward to seeing where this story will lead.
I am also scared, I'm not sure I like the idea of her leaving her boyfriend for me. I don't even think that I'm ready for anything big. Hopefully, we'll soon get the chance to talk about these sort of things.

I'd also like to point out that, though I knew she liked me, I thought that Nice & her boyfriend were cool so I never anticipated this. Even when I changed her blog name. I do understand how one could draw such a conclusion though.

My emotions are actually all over the shop. I've just 10 minutes ago waved goodbye to my son who is now on his way to granny's in Watford. Tomorrow morning he flies out to Menorca for a week, I'll miss him big style. That said, I will enjoy the lack of strict routine for a week.

And of course, Funny Dance's departure is now only a day away.

But a girl likes me! La la la!

9 Comments:

  • At 7:06 pm, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    Talking's good. It's fantastic that you are clear that you are confused - I know, that sounds weird.

    But, wow, passionate kisses with somebody nice...*sigh*.

     
  • At 9:00 pm, Blogger swisslet said…

    jumping to conclusions? never anticipated this?

    WhatEVER dude.

    Good work though, mate. Not before time.

    ST

     
  • At 9:10 pm, Blogger LavaLady said…

    Oh Flash, what a crazy story! Have fun, be careful. I'd say don't do anything I wouldn't do, but you could get into a lot of trouble that way.

     
  • At 9:30 pm, Blogger Charby said…

    How cute!
    Are things looking up for the Flash?

     
  • At 9:31 pm, Blogger sunshine said…

    A phone call is coming!!!!

     
  • At 9:32 pm, Blogger sunshine said…

    Ah will u look at that, your two girls were looking at you at the same time : )

     
  • At 10:11 pm, Blogger Hyde said…

    This sounds very promising! My advice--don't overanalyze. Just enjoy it. Everything will play itself out in it's own time.

    Yay! I'm glad you've got some girl-fun. Enjoy!!!

     
  • At 10:29 pm, Blogger LB said…

    keeping the thing she was coming to look at in your bedroom. That is a nice touch.

    I might try that. "Would you like to see my collection of clean bedding? And shoes?"

     
  • At 1:40 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A kiss is just a kiss,,,, As time go's by.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home