FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Thursday, September 15, 2005

"An angel, that's what you are"

Well it's not like me to jump on the bandwagon (ahem) but that's what I'm gonna do!
I've been thinking of doing this for a while but now with my creative juices barely bubbling it's as good a time as any.

It's time for the guest feature!
As pioneered by Swiss Toni & Lord Bargain, I shall be having someone over once a week to share their thoughts on my chosen issue.
So what's it to be Flashman? (that is what you're thinking right?)
Well, I've thought long & hard about this.
I thought maybe "My favourite album...", or "My ten albums to take on an exploratory mission to Saturn (Desert island discs for the 21st century)" but I elected not to.
I also had another workable idea that I'm gonna sit on, just in case.
In the end I went for the idea that was just a bit more..., well, Flash!


So I'm gonna kick the proceedings off & my first guest for next week will be determined by whoever comes in at comment No.?. (I know which number but I ain't telling).
Ok?

So without further ado....

THE BAND MEMBER/MUSICIAN I'D MOST LIKE TO GET JIGGY WITH IS...
























Charlotte Hatherley.
Why? Well, first up look at the picture again.
Charlotte oozes cool whilst remaining undenialably hot. This is no mean feat. She's also quite a talent. Not only is she guitarist in Ash, no, she has also released a solo album (Grey will fade) of some quality. The track "Bastardo" is pure guitar pop genius. I strongly advise you to check it out. I've seen Ash live several times & was actually at Charlotte's first ever gig with the band. Bless her, she did look nervous. Nowadays though, the stage is like a home to her as she struts around wielding her axe & generally looking quite the rock goddess.
I met Charlotte & the boys at a signing in Northampton. Tim & I got chatting, but all the while Charlotte was definitely* giving me the eye. And she did flash me a sultry little come-to-bed smile as she handed me back my newly adorned CD covers.**
So I reckon I'd be in with a shot there!
Once again, ladies & gentlemen, I give you...
Charlotte Hatherley

















Psst. Don't tell Charlotte but she wouldn't have been my original first choice. No, as I said over at ST's place, there was once another...

THE BAND MEMBER/MUSICIAN I'D HAVE MOST LIKED TO HAVE GOT JIGGY WITH IF SHE HADN'T UPPED & LEFT THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS...


Hilary Woods


Hilary was, until a couple of years ago, the bass guitarist in JJ72.
She was so dreamy. At many a gig Reckless & I would make a beeline for her during the song "Undercover angel", when in position & obviously at the right time we would holler the line "an angel, that's what you are!" to Hilary whilst jumping & waving like loons. We made her blush once! Ace.

With Hilary it was all about grace. She had an aura about her, she had a certain poise. Her sexiness came from within & had little to do with her body, though it was a body that was very easy on the eye..

ST & LB went to see JJ72 last night & by all accounts Hilary's replacement is quite the hotty, but she could play naked every night & she still wouldn't be able to displace Hilary from that special part of my heart that shall be forever devoted to her.

I miss her.













Anyway, do you, fine readers, like this idea & want to have a go?

*maybe
**I have perhaps exagerated this, a tad.

16 Comments:

  • At 4:50 pm, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    See now, no one but me wanted to be the first commenter, because we know you're looking for number 11 or 12...So here's me.

    I like the idea, of course that's because I immediately know who mine is...as I once uttered the words, "I'd like to have _________'s baby!" While the need to gestate an infant, in general, has diminished...this rocker would still be my choice.

    So whenever you tap me, I'm up!

     
  • At 6:34 pm, Blogger Erika said…

    Does it have to be a musician? I've been toying with the idea of making you all tell me your Five Celebrity Exceptions (ie. the five people you can have if ever given the opportunity, regardless of your relationship status) and not one of mine are musicians. If we're limiting the scope, I'd have to do some thinking...

     
  • At 6:48 pm, Blogger The Humanity Critic said…

    good post. Just passing through, cool blog.

     
  • At 7:58 pm, Blogger Hyde said…

    Spinster--you're totally right. I could have been number one, but I passed on it and went to teach about Napoleon instead.

    Nice post, Flash!

    -h

     
  • At 9:06 pm, Blogger Charby said…

    Do you have a back up number just in case you dont reach the reequired number?

     
  • At 9:56 pm, Blogger sunshine said…

    UN-FREAKIN-BELIEVABLE

    600 PEOPLE HAVE LOOKED AT THIS BLOG IN 15 DAYS

    WOW

     
  • At 9:57 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just shows what an ignoramous I can be ... never heard of them women before. In fact I can't recall hearing owt by their groups. If it ain't gonna get banged out four to the floor in a sweaty techno club I ain't interested! ;)

    They are might fine looking ladeez though

     
  • At 10:14 pm, Blogger Mark said…

    the 5 celebrity exceptions? hell yeah, lets pass that on

     
  • At 10:18 pm, Blogger Dzesika said…

    Peter Gabriel, in the eighties.
    Or maybe David Sylvian, now.
    Or the singer from Cake - John McCrea?

    Okay, I'm weird.

     
  • At 10:56 pm, Blogger LB said…

    I think the Celebrity Exceptions list is a great idea (extrapolating your "fit birds in bands" theme).

    Girls Aloud (says he to try and fulfil both criteria)

     
  • At 2:05 am, Blogger Erika said…

    Hey, cool, I appear to have inadvertantly started a meme. Alright then, the challenge is this: while we're all waiting for Flash to figure out who gets to give their jiggyist musician guest post, anyone who's in post their top five celebrity exceptions on their blog.

    And if you're equal opportunity, shy or hiding your gender (Fox...), feel free to post five of each gender. Or five mixed gender, for that matter.

    It's so trivial, it makes me laugh out loud.

     
  • At 2:06 am, Blogger Erika said…

    It just occured to me that if I commented again, I could be number 11 AND number 12. So. Hi.

    Tee hee.

     
  • At 10:12 am, Blogger adem said…

    I'd have to go with Nadine Coyle from Girls Aloud at the moment. phwoahh!

     
  • At 1:24 pm, Blogger sunshine said…

    Hey, guess what?

    ....................

    Give up?

    DP is touring in the states.....

    and I might be going to see them....


    Jealous yet??

    oooooo

     
  • At 2:09 pm, Blogger weenie said…

    Hmmm...I don't fancy anyone in the music business...

     
  • At 11:46 am, Blogger swisslet said…

    Charlotte Hatherly is stepping out with Edgar Wright, isn't she? The director of 'Spaced' and 'Shaun of the Dead'. Lucky fella (and it's the reason Ash are extensively used on the SotD soundtrack...)

    hello mate, by the way.

    ST (posting not to win a prize as that has long been won, but because I'm interested...)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home