FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

"Je ne sais par porquoi"

Oh le bugger!

I am, having just read all your super comments, shame-faced.
See I have had 4 fags today & even worse; I have just bought a packet.
Sorry for failing in the face of all your wonderful optimism.
Me? Fail??
Quelle surprise!!!

Ooh these French keyboards will be the death of me, it took me 2 attempts just to log on to my own page! Bloody A & Q the wrong way round!

It's chuffing freezing in Lyon tonight.
I still haven't really seen much of the place yet, but here are my early observations:
  • Lyon has the best metro/tube system I have ever had the pleasure to travel on
  • Everybody has been very welcoming
  • All the girls are pretty, even the ropey ones are pretty! (No mingers Monsieur Mystic!)

Work today only consisted of 10 hours, which was nice. I am slowly finding my feet but I already realise that if I can manage to come up with some inspirational thinking here I could do very well.

Worse case scenario is thus: Even I fuck it up completely, I'll make lots of extra money which, as I told you last week, will be very useful indeed.

Right now I am stuffed. Le grand gaffer has just taken me & my very helpfull American colleague out for a meal. He did last night too but it was Chinese last night, which I've never been a big fan of. Tonight we went for an Indian accompanied by several beers, ah bonn cuisinne!

That's all I have today but I'm keen to catch up on all my pixelated pals*, I hope you're all tres bien!

*It's a song title I've had for yonks!

11 Comments:

  • At 8:56 pm, Blogger sunshine said…

    * Shaking head *

    You failed....today and until this pack is gone.

    Try again next week. You have 3 months. ;)

    Glad you are well and eating well too : )

     
  • At 9:05 pm, Blogger Alecya G said…

    Flash! How could you! *sobs* just kidding. It takes time. I used to 4 opacks a day, so I know your pain.

    And I better come visit, if tehre are no mingers at all. Me and Beloved. She thinks French is a sexy language.

    Good luck on teh new job, I know you'll do great.

    Oh, and no worries about the keyboards, I can barely get past the word verfication on my own site, an dI use teh same keyboard every day ;)

     
  • At 9:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Flash you're not lookinig hard enough.

    I have been to France. Believe me they have mingers.

    Come on now don't let us down we need to here the escapades of Flash and the French minger.

     
  • At 1:29 am, Blogger Jessica said…

    Are you gonna try those snails? Je suis trop jealouse de toi. France sounds just lovely. And smoke away, like the French do, in moderation.



    (Also did you see that Hyde and I posted about mingers?)

     
  • At 4:22 am, Blogger GJC said…

    Flash, baby, believe me when I tell you--you'll get no criticism from me.

    Now tell me: how are the French keyboards different? Because that would kill me, I think.

     
  • At 6:48 am, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    It took quitting when I was very ill and getting through the withdrawl with the help of sudafed for me to be successful (I told myself I was quitting about a million times before). I still want to smoke. Almost. Every. Day.

    It's not easy, monsieur.

     
  • At 7:50 am, Blogger P'tit-Loup said…

    Especially since in France most folks smoke like chimneys! Aller, une autre seche pour la route! It took me 5 or 6 times to finaly quit. I also have some serious lung problems that was a high motivator, and for about 16 years after I quit, I had very vivid dreams where I was smoking and bashing myself for starting again! That addiction is very pernicious.

     
  • At 9:25 am, Blogger Teresa Bowman said…

    That's all very well, mon vieux, but did you know "pixilated" also means "drunk"?

    Still pretty accurate in some cases though, I guess :)

     
  • At 10:08 am, Blogger adem said…

    Bonjour Le Flash (see I did notice you'd changed your nom)

    Everything in moderation is my guide to live so a few fags here doesn't really matter. Have you ordered a Royale with cheese yet?

     
  • At 11:48 am, Blogger red one said…

    Bonjour Monsieur Le Flash. You going to change the two penneth to deux euros? Glad you're enjoying France - can you get monsieur le gaffer to take you to the footie? The mighty Lyon are asI type at the top of the French league and heading champions league group F, ahead of Real Madrid...

    red

     
  • At 11:56 am, Blogger red one said…

    Oh zut alors! I should've checked the fixture list before I did the comment. The big match is tonite, Real Madrid vs Lyon. Probably on telly at a bar-tabac near you.

    Allez Olympic Lyonnais!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home