FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Thursday, November 24, 2005

"Sent la pluie comme un été anglais"

It's snowing!

I cant wait till the morning to see this beautiful city covered in a blanket of whiteness.

I've been dining with Le grand gaffer again tonight, it's all very well hearing his tales & having him pay for everything but he's yet to ask me anything about me. His loss!
He's flying home tomorrow so until Sunday night I shall be all on my todd out here. Which is ace!
As much as it's ok to be fed & beered by him, my best times so far have been when I've been free to do what I want to. I have to work Saturday but once I'm finished the weekend is all mine, Yay!

I believe there is still plenty of Lyon I am yet to see.

Tonight I had a wonderful meal of Sirloin steak & Chips followed by a delicious desert of Chocolate ice cream & hot fudge, mmmm!

Which brings me nicely to the subject of food.
I'm not sure if I've ever shared with you my peculiarities when it comes to eating.
In simple terms, I'm a freak.
I've been told off (most notably by Madame Scully) for not eating French food but sadly I'm a culinary retard!
I have a very limited tolerance to food, certain things make me heave just at the idea of them. Like many things, I can't help but point the finger of blame at my parents who never fed me anything other than fish, fishfingers, beefburgers, sausages & chips. And when I turned my nose up at anything they bowed to my wishes & took it away. As I've gotten older & wiser I have become a little more adventurous, for instance I wouldn't have gone near an Indian until 2 or 3 years ago yet now Chicken tikka masala is one of my favourite meals.
Still, I am plagued though. I don't know if it's just me & if it's purely pyschological but if I put food in my mouth that I don't like I literally heave. It's no fun.

So please forgive me if I'm a little reticent to steer away from that which I know I like.

(apologies for any poor spelling or grammer but French blogger doesn't have a spellcheck feature!)

6 Comments:

  • At 9:45 pm, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    "he's yet to ask me anything about me."

    I've been on dates like that (both men and women, so don't think I'm gender-bashing).

    I love when it snows at night...everything gets really quiet.

    As for food - I guess no tofu for you, eh?

     
  • At 10:19 pm, Blogger Charby said…

    I'm the same, if I know I dont like it, I can feel the bile rising in my throat!

     
  • At 4:15 am, Blogger Hyde said…

    Snow, steak, ice cream, good conversation, no mingers... Lyon sounds fabulous! Glad you're having a good time!

    PS: Our first snow flurries of the season hit NY today! Yay!

    -h

     
  • At 5:25 am, Blogger Alecya G said…

    I am picky too.

    I have a lot of food alergies, though.

    Snow...so jealous.

     
  • At 6:34 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    See, I can be kinda the same Flash. I hate cheese in all it's forms unless its on pizza (although won't eat plain cheese) or cheesecakes.

    I find I'm much better when I'm abroad because I don't know what I'm ordering. I just establish that it doesn't have cheese or lots of mushrooms and I just go for it.

    Could really go for a steak now...
    But the chinese take-a-way menu is closer...

     
  • At 8:34 pm, Blogger red one said…

    It all sounds great, le Flash. And Les Lyonnais fought back to a 1-1 draw, too.

    The thing about French food is they actually do serve up really nice meaty stuff with more or less no veg, which I reckon is about the right combination. You might find you like it more than you think if you give it a go. You can normally get something cheap and straightforward if you know what I mean. The worst bit is trying to figure out what the menu means. Crack that, and you might find yourself a happy French diner.

    Blimey, no snow in London but snow in France, eh? You'll have to come back to blighty for a sunny holiday

    red

     

Post a Comment

<< Home