FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Monday, March 20, 2006

"All 7 & we'll watch them fall"

Tunes!!!

So I got tagged to give you the 7 tunes I'm currently digging, like I need a reason.

Aparently there are some rules;
List 7 songs you're into right now. No matter the genre, whether they have words, or even if they're any good, they must be songs you're really enjoying right now. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag 7 other people to see what they're listening too.

I'm not going to tag anyone in particular, just go ahead if you want to...

1>A certain romance - Arctic Monkeys
2>Kiss you better - Maximo Park
3>Come on / Let's go - Paul Weller
4>The happy lobotomy - The Bluetones
5>Drag - Placebo
6>I will see you in far off places - Morrissey
7>Suffer well - Depeche Mode

And there you go.

On another tunes tip, owner of I-pods/I-tunes step forward. Now we've all played the shuffle challenge before, but this time have a go at sorting your library by the number of plays & share your top ten.
Mine has only been logging since last June when I had a new hard drive installed but it shows what's been really floating my boat in that time frame...

1>Once a glimpse - Maximo Park (88 plays)
2>Apply some pressure - Maximo Park (80)
3>Dakota - Stereophonics (79)*
4>White celebration - Gnu Cnu (78)**
5>Tied up too tight - Hard-fi (75)
6>Talk - Coldplay (71)
=7>A certain romance - Arctic Monkeys (70)
=7>Fix you - Coldplay (70)
=7>Painting of a postcard - Maximo Park (70)
10>Speed of sound - Coldplay (69)

*Some of these plays are down to Nice who loves this song to bits.
**I feel a mixture of shame & pride about this. Shame at being such a self-obsessed pillock & pride that I've produced a piece of music that I love so much I can't help but listen to it lots (it sounds especially good through headphones, fact fans)

Anyway I'm off for part one of this week's football fest, ta ra!

3 Comments:

  • At 10:38 pm, Blogger weenie said…

    Not taggin but...the 7 songs played most on my non-ipod mp3 player in no particular order currently are:

    1. Auf Achse - Franz Ferdinand
    2. Special - Garbage
    3. Enjoy The Silence - Depeche Mode
    4. Still Take You Home - Arctic Monkeys
    5. Tears and Rain - James Blunt
    6. Sonnet - The Verve
    7. Since U Been Gone - Kelly Clarkson

    Enjoy your footie fest! :)

     
  • At 11:07 pm, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    No iPod, yet, and you've seen my list.

    I think it's great that one of your own songs is on your top 10 most listened to. If you don't like it then something's wrong.

     
  • At 5:56 pm, Blogger Alecya G said…

    I love apply some pressure. I was listening to that in the shower this morning. Great tune.

    :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home