FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

"Talking to the SongBird yesterday"

I am so ready to go home. Back to the grey skies & drizzle. Back to the dullest town in the world. Back to the day to day drudge of my normal life;
I’m fed up with all this now, but I am most definitely not fed up with Lyon.

The fact of the matter is I don’t see Lyon anymore. I have now had my final weekend in this beautiful city & I really enjoyed the rare opportunity to actually go into the city.
J’adore Lyon.
The weekend was, as always, frightfully cold but the sun has been shining & I thoroughly enjoyed walking around the streets. The wonder of the place has not diminished one iota, it’s just I rarely see it anymore. Saturday was spent wandering round all the usual haunts; Bellacour, Vieux Lyon, The wobbley bridge over the Saône, the Smoking dog, etc. And it was fabulous. I really am going to miss this city. Isn’t it strange that one can form an attachment to a place, to a collection of concrete, stone & glass.
These days though I rarely feel like I’m living in this glorious place. I wake, we drive to work where we remain for at least 12 hours, we drive back to the hotel. Occasionally we’ll go to the old town in the evening for a meal but even then the only sights to see are the inside of a tunnel & 100 yards of familiar cobbled streets. I think this is why I find myself so homesick. That & the need to be around the people whom I care about.

Sunday started out much the same. A beautiful full English breakfast in The St James pub followed by a pint or 3 whilst watching Sunderland scramble a draw against Spurs. I then had a gentle stroll up to the Smoking Dog where I planned to drink a bit more beer, read the paper & then watch the Manchester City vs Charlton game. It wasn’t long after kick off when my plans started to change. For the first time in a long while I am loathe to go into any detail for fear of reprisal. Maybe a commenter could come up with a theory as to what happened next?

During my movements on Saturday, I set the wheels in motion for a plan. A plan to do something that I’ve always fancied doing but have never got around to doing. This plan came to fruition on Monday & deed has been done. All will be revealed in good time. Perhaps a commenter would care to hazard a guess as to the nature of said plan?

Flashy’s coming soon, though I’d still like more folk to come in their finery.
Also I’d like to apologise for not having been round other blogs recently, it’s a damn tricky business, I tell thee. I miss your lives & I hope you are all well.

8 Comments:

  • At 12:08 am, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    My theory on Sunday...I think the flirtation mentioned in a previous post turned into something a bit more concrete. Although I'm intrigued by the idea of a reprisal by mentioning it. Hmmm...

    As for what you have wanted to do, but have not (and now have) - I have no idea. Couldn't you give us the tiniest of clues?

     
  • At 12:25 am, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    Drat it, I'm going to take a guess about the Monday thing. I think it's something to do with your music...like you sent your CD to someone.

     
  • At 6:24 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I reckon our sweet rogue met the titular SongBird in the pub & proceeded, in his own inimitable style, to charm, wine & dine her. I reckon she may have been early to mid 20’s, a student, a singer, one of those strange types that actually stroke our very own Flashy’s musical ego by expressing a desire to listen to his songs (at which point he probably whipped out his beloved I-pod and let her), a very good English speaker, funny & darkly attractive. I would imagine that they later went back to her place where they no doubt had a bit of a sing together (maybe to Radiohead?) before inevitably ending up in the bedroom & getting even better acquainted each other. I also suspect that SongBird may have had the most perfect breasts he’s ever come into contact with.

    That’s my guess but, hey, what do I know?

     
  • At 9:53 am, Blogger adem said…

    MMM, that seems like a really good guess. My money's on what 'Silly Boy' said.

     
  • At 3:27 pm, Blogger Alecya G said…

    Whatever it was, Flash [although I am inclined to agree] I hope you had fun. And just think, last weekend to enjoy, you might as well go out with a bang. Right?

     
  • At 4:04 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Okay Flash i will do your celebrity lookalike. But I need some decent pics can you post a couple of clear ones please.

     
  • At 10:55 am, Blogger Teresa Bowman said…

    Hey dude. You're not the only one who hasn't done a round of the blogs lately!

    Hope you've given the Clearlake album another couple of listens. It's an absolute corker.

    But then, I would say that, having now been out drinking with them three times ... CLANG!!! Oh wow, did you hear that name drop? ;)

     
  • At 7:54 pm, Blogger Chapstick said…

    Oi Flash, you trying to out nonpost me?

    Just kidding man, couldn't help myself.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home