FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

"I HATE YOU SO MUCH RIGHT NOW!"

My blood is boiling.
What the fuck was I thinking all those years ago when I agreed to marry that vile, wretched bitch?

My son is ill at the moment, he suffers from Asthma. He hasn't been troubled by it for some time, but it's flared up pretty bad. His mother took him to the doctors this afternoon; he's been given some stronger medication & if that hasn't helped it settle down by the end of tonight then he may have to go into hospital.
I looked after him this morning at mine & though he's wheezing & coughing a lot, he remains in reasonably high spirits.

As my hideous ex-wife was telling me all that an hour or so ago, she also slotted in that because I smoke it's "willful neglect & abuse". Now, before I go any further, I must point out that I DO NOT smoke around The Boy. When he's at mine I smoke in my bedroom with the door firmly closed & the window open. My bedroom is strictly off-limits to The Boy for that very reason.
So; Willful neglect & abuse.
Naturally, I did not take that very well.
My words were along the lines of... How dare you say that to me? Shortly afterwards I hung up on her.

Unfortunately, there was some unfinished business. I rang her back, make the arrangements & then ended the conversation by warning her that I intend to seek legal advice because I do not want to deal with her anymore.

Of course, she wouldn't let it lie there. She phoned some minutes later saying that if I was to take that path it would mean my access to The Boy being greatly reduced & that I would be expected to explain to him why he wasn't seeing as much of me as he's used to. All without bad-mouthing her.

It's been left for now, but for a couple of shitty texts she has sent me.

The thing is this is not unusual behaviour for Temper Tantrum, I let so much go because I like a quiet life & have little stomach for a fight.
A couple of weeks ago she rang me out of the blue one evening & opened the exchange with "Hello Flash it's Temper Tantrum, you're going to have to start coming round here in the evening now & again so that I can go out".
What?
"You can, in theory, go out every night if you so desire while I'm stuck in & I can't afford a babysitter."
To be honest, if she had have asked me if I'd be willing to do that for her I may have begrudingly agreed. But she didn't ask, she demanded.
So I told her No. I am not her babysitter
"You're his father, you have a responsibility!"
Yes I do, and I feel I already fulfill that responsibility more than adequately.
Of course, this made me a selfish bastard.
Naturally.

Right now I am absolutely incandescent with burning rage. A rage that I have no outlet for.
My life is difficult enough at the moment, but I can deal with the bailiffs threatening me, I can cope with the excruiatingly dull dead end job that I have to do, I can handle the worry of not having bought a single Christmas present yet, I can just about manage to carrying on living on a pittance because my outgoings are greater than I earn & I can even deal with a representative of the magistrates court knocking on my door today to present me with a £430 fine from March 2004 that I (100% honestly) had no prior knowledge of.
I can deal with all those things because I do have it in my power to change all that (somehow!).

I cannot change the venomous attitude of the one person in my life that I really, really do wish I had never set eyes on.
And bearing in mind what I said in the last paragraph, I cannot afford a lawyer. So I really don't see a way out.
Should I kill her?

12 Comments:

  • At 7:33 pm, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    Breathe!

    Here's the thing, and it may not be reassuring to you right now, but she's probably a bitch to everyone. Unfortunately, she knows that she doesn't have to use any restraint with you because she has a powerful hold over you - your son.

    Just keep breathing and focus on being a great dad.

     
  • At 9:44 pm, Blogger Cody Bones said…

    What she said(Spins). The other idea that I have is maybe try to communicate by e-mail for a while. It allows you to at least think about your response, instead of a full blown argument. Good luck, and I don't blame you a bit. If that all doesn't work, I understand that there are some Russians around your neck of the woods with experience in that sort of thing. Look for them with the geiger counter.

     
  • At 11:24 pm, Blogger Mark said…

    remember the line from the Rollins Band...

    "I would kill you / but you're not worth the time"

     
  • At 4:13 am, Blogger Dzesika said…

    I'm sorry. People are so awful sometimes.

     
  • At 4:27 am, Blogger shorty said…

    I must be a wretched bitch at times myself.

    My only advice is to document these things. Email is good, print out all responses, save the texts if you can.

    As far as her threatening you if you go to the laywer by letting you see your son less she can't. I know you don't have anything in writing, but if you go to a lawyer, and pursue it, the courts don't like to stir up a childs life. They prefer a child have consistancy. Atleast that's how it is in the states.

    She's probably very stressed having a sick child right now, more nights than you do. I know, I too have an asthmatic child.

    Only 12 more years...keep telling yourself that.

    There has to be some sort of legal counsel available. Check with your job and see if they have a referral program.

    Ok, I'm done now.

    Email me if you want more advice. I'm in your same boat, but rowing from a different direction.

    *hugs*

    Death not the answer, maybe a titty twister :)

     
  • At 6:54 am, Blogger Stef said…

    What a bitch.

    Can you ask a friend or relative to pick up and drop The Boy off?

    You really should try everything in your power to have nothing to do with her. Anyone who uses their own child as a bargaining chip or as leverage in some spiteful battle is not right in the head.

     
  • At 8:02 am, Blogger LB said…

    sigh. Fun this, isn't it?

    All I have ever done is be the better person and never get embroiled in petty scraps and point-scoring. God knows that means you "lose" sometimes (bad expression - there are no winners and losers - but you know what I mean) but at least you can hold your head high at the end of the day.

    I am an increasing believer that kids, however young, realise this also.

    Just remember that without meeting her, you'd never have ended up with the Boy. However much you despise her (and I have been there) it will never outweigh the love you have for the little fella.

     
  • At 10:29 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great last para from Lord B there which I think you can take solace in matey.
    Having met the little tyke a couple of times I think I can safely say that he takes after you rather than TT, in fact he's turning into a right Mini-Flash.
    Women beware in 10 years!!
    Hope he's better soon.

     
  • At 11:56 am, Blogger Cat said…

    Sorry to hear the wee man's not well - hopefully he will make a speedy recovery. No experience of the other stuff so I can't imagine how frustrating it must be, but I find "this too shall pass" a useful mantra.

     
  • At 2:43 pm, Blogger Doctor Pauls said…

    Get a pillow, stuff it into your mouth, and scream into it as loud and as long as you can. While punching it. Hard. It won't change anything but it'll get rid of a little bit of rage.
    If it's inappropriate (at work probably isn't advisable although justified), try breathing in through your nose and out through your mouth as slowly as you can without suffocating.
    I hope your boy is on the mend.

     
  • At 12:15 am, Blogger Hyde said…

    I hope the Boy feels better! :(

     
  • At 3:29 pm, Blogger The Dog of Freetown said…

    Say no more, it's done.

    No, no it's not done really. Sounds quite shitty but I think everyone's advice above is pretty spot on. I hope things are a little easier now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home