FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Saturday, August 28, 2004

"Sing me to sleep, sing me to sleep, I'm tired & I want to go to bed"

Cutieboy phoned me up the other day & asked with all the sweetness of triple choc ice cream if he could come for a sleepover next time The Boy was staying with me. Well tonight is that night. Bless 'em they've both been a joy & they are now firmly in the land of nod. In my bed. See I haven't got a single bed for The Boy's room yet so I thought I sleep on the sofa for one night. Now I don't begrudge my pair of 5-year-old angels as they slumber peacefully but can I get comfy, anywhere? Good guess.
I gave up on the sofa as a pygmy couldn't stretch out on it. I gave up on the rocking chair as that obviously only works when pissed. Now I've just given up on the sofa cushions on the floor because quite honestly I don't feel tired & something has just freaked me out. There I am lying on the floor with some tunes on (I like going to sleep to music) & this odd song comes on that I'm not at all familiar with. I soon realise it's Crowded House. Now I like Crowded House, I like them a lot but this particular track ("All I ask") sounded like freakin' Sexual Chocolate! Y'know SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!! Yes you bloody do! From "Coming to America"! I'm still in shock now, some Finn went wrong in the studio that day! (sorry)
Friday night out feels very different when you're in. I live right in the centre of this "town" & literally just across the street from the club. I can still see & hear everyone go about their Friday business & I'm neither happy, drunk nor talking utter tripe to women in a vain attempt to impress them. All I am witness to is fights (2 so far tonight) & very drunk teenage girls wailing about something or other, usually into a mobile phone. God I would hate to be on the other end of that call.
Anyway here I sit in the early hours, talking utter tripe to complete strangers in a vain attempt to impress them when all I really want to do is sleep.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:23 am, Blogger Di Gallagher said…

    We used to live across the road from a race track and be totally amused when the punters would come out after a days racing totally pissed and screamin, without fail, "Hammo!" (shich is a pub not far from the track).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home