FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

"Haven't seen the family tree in quite a while"

I had a smashing time at Our Kid’s wedding. It was really nice to hang out with the family for a while. I particularly enjoyed the company of my cousin; The Loudest. I hadn’t seen her for about 6 years. When we were kids we were very close, she’s an only child & I was till Our Kid came along when I was 7. So we were like brother & sister in our formative years.
The Boy was an absolute star in his role as pageboy, he looked so smart & he charmed pretty much everyone there (chip off the old block!). At one point he was playing this silly hand game thing with my uncle & it really took me back to when I was that age. I pointed it out to The Loudest who agreed that it looked like our granddad & me 25 years ago. Then she pointed out something, which I’d never ever seen but was shockingly obvious once she’d said. My dad looks just like my grandma did!
Our Kid looked absolutely beautiful & was clearly very happy, as you’d expect. Being that I left Yorkshire when I was 18 I haven’t really been that close to my family, sometimes I’ve gone months with no contact, but I really embraced being around them all.
It were proper bo, I tell thee!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:36 am, Blogger shorty said…

    Welcome back. Never a dull moment in Flash's life is there?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home