FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Monday, September 13, 2004

"All that we've done it wont be forgotten, goodnight"

Hello mateypeeps!
My weekend has been tinged with sadness. I found out on Thursday night that Easyworld, one of my favourite bands, have split up. Now Easyworld were special, not just a great band but a band who’ve soundtracked my life for the last 3 years. A band whose songs have moved me to tears. Most of all though a band whose songs have had a very personal impact on me & my inability to let go of that person who lives in my heart. It was always a great re-assurance to hear that I wasn’t the only saddo desperately clinging to a dream (sorry Dav!). I have e-mailed Dav (the main man) to thank him for his music & it’s profound effect on me. Dream Girl is also very saddened by the split & we spent hours on Friday mourning their passing while Reckless smirked.
Now I implore all of you to make an effort to listen to at least one track of theirs. I strongly recommend the following:
Tonight
Til the day
Drive
Goodnight
A stain to never fade
Junkies & whores
Bleach
Saddest song
How did it ever come to this?

Now obviously there are many more tracks to savour but any of those would be a good start, go on, do it for me please.
Away from that life has been very uneventful since my last post. So I’m going back to my black armband….
Easyworld RIP

3 Comments:

  • At 10:42 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Who the heck are Easyworld?
    Are they as good as the 80's group Irrelevance? ;)

    "Quite Remarkable"

     
  • At 1:54 pm, Blogger Charby said…

    Leeds scum!
    Bah!
    I could take the mick, but its too easy and you're suffering enough as it is anyway.
    So Ner!
    (Still bitter? Never!)

     
  • At 5:22 pm, Blogger shorty said…

    I listened to a couple of there songs. They were good, but they all sounded the same to me, maybe that was because I could only hear about 15 seconds of a few songs. LOL. Boy you must be having the exciting life, taht you can't blog. Can't wait to read all about it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home