FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Thursday, September 09, 2004

"Wouldn't it be good to be in your shoes"

So I’ve been having a quite beautiful soak in the bath & in the absence of anything actually happening in MY life my thoughts turned to this: if I could have somebody else’s life who would I be?
Now feel free to play along at home, it can be absolutely anyone at all. Living or dead, real or fictional.
I have to say that I went through quite a few candidates prior to making my selection.
Firstly there were some of my musical heroes but all were ruled out swiftly with the exception of Dave Gahan. Now Dave’s story has many elements to it that appeal, none more so than the adulation of crowds all around the world. People, I am most ashamed to say that I really would kill to be strutting my stuff out on a stage in front of 30000 worshippers who would quiver at my every utterance. Then of course there are the enormous amounts of money & the girls. That guy must have had so many girls! Even the drugs years are enticing knowing that I’d come out the other side ok. (Mr.G would probably give me a stern ticking off for feeling like that!). Eventually though I decided against being Dave, don’t like the tattoos you see.

Then I went through a whole host of folk with no other motive than their sexual partners: Olivier French-actor-bloke – get to love & be loved by Kylie
Ross Geller – Aaah Rachel Green, surely the most perfect of all fictional women & a fine selection of friends to hang with & when did you ever see Ross skint?
Robbie Williams – A whole procession of hotties
& on & on.

In the end though my final choice had nothing to do with women or music or money at all.
Allow me to present the live I’ve chosen:
Since I was only a young boy my life has been a whirl of excitement & wonder. By my twenties I’d already travelled extensively & during my travels I’d done a lot of good deeds with wide reaching consequences. Now the organisation I worked for did recognise my great potential but I went to work for a rival where I was quickly installed as the second in command. Mark my words this company made Microsoft look like the corner shop. In taking this position though a lot of things had to change. I lost touch with my friends (I had a big fight with my best friend & I didn’t see him again for about 20 years & when I did we had another big fight & I said some things I shouldn’t have, oh yeah, then I killed him. My bad!) & knew little of my family. I did however get to wear a really cool suit for work & I hugely enjoyed the power that came with my new role. Truthfully I became quite a bad-ass, no one messed with me! And those who did soon regretted it. I still managed to travel a lot & everywhere I went I was afforded great respect & even fear. The power became a bit much to be honest & I got a bit carried away. I did some very bad things that I’m not proud of now but at the time it was a blast! Just when it looked like I would spend all my days being downright evil my long lost son came on the scene. Now to say we had a rocky start to our relationship would be an understatement. We fought tooth & nail a couple of times but bless him the boy was so full of goodness & love that in the end I told my boss where to stick his job in truly spectacular fashion. In doing so I sustained a fatal injury, but before I died I felt the unconditional love of my son & indeed the daughter I never knew anything of. Then I popped my clogs. Guess what? Somehow despite all those years of malevolence & evil I’ve ended up in a lovely never ending after life where I’ve patched up my differences with my old mate & we can just hang out forever, watching over the kids & laughing a joking about the old days. Though if he takes the piss out of my suit anymore I may have to kill him again, I miss that suit.

Yes it’s the life of Anakin Skywalker for me! (Would be super-ace if I could find a way to get Kylie in there but you can’t have everything, eh?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home