FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Sunday, January 30, 2005

"How can anybody say they know how I feel?, the only one around here who is me, is me"

What makes me what I am?
One can only suppose it the sum of my experiences, all the events that have happened to me, all the things I've seen, all the emotions I've ever felt.
Tomorrow I could start a new life, move elsewhere, not interact with anybody I know, make up a new identity but I would still remain me.

I thought I'd grown to really like myself over the last year or so. Now I really don't know. I do like a lot about me but I not sure whether I really do like who I am or whether I've just become tolerant of myself. Just as I have learned to tolerate life.

I think I like Flash, the public persona, the clown, the performer.
The real me, however I'm not sure of.

Flash is too reliant on the approval of people, too dependent on being liked or even loved to do anything to dare risk upsetting the status quo. Flash fears condemnation.

The real me, it would seem, fears nothing.

I could be talking about life, I could be talking about the last 2 years or just this post.
The same applies for all 3.

It all made perfect sense when I started but now I don't think I understand.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:19 pm, Blogger Hyde said…

    I don't know if one can separate one's persona from one's self like that. "Flash" manifests part of the real you. You should enjoy it, don't you think? By the way, I loved your "10 commandments" from last April. There's a lot there that I need to keep in mind right about now...

     
  • At 1:35 am, Blogger shorty said…

    A long time ago, you made a list of 100 things about yourself. On it consisted of one thing that stands out to me now, you say "I think" too much instead of " I am ". You are all the things you claim to be. Just stop and reflect of who brought you to this point and keep plugging away.

    * HUG *

     
  • At 8:30 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That quote is a from a morrissey song:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZf7gjOwOcM

     

Post a Comment

<< Home