FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Thursday, February 03, 2005

"Fragile like a baby in your arms"

Regulars will know that my good friend Funny Dance & his wife They Used To Be Even Bigger are expecting twins in April. Well, they didn't read the script & they arrived into the world on Tuesday morning. Now because they are very early they are tiny, each was born less than 1.5lbs, & they are needing a great deal of medical attention. At this early stage though, I'm told mother & babies are doing well & there's cause for cautious optimism. They are both girls & for now I shall refer to them collectively as The Early Birds.

Not much else has been going on but I have got a little more done on the album. "Second best" is pretty much done & sounds a teeny bit depeche. It was gonna happen eventually!
"Resistance is futile" is also starting to come together & it promises to give "Egg wielding freak" a run for it's money in the funky stakes.
Reckless & Dream Girl bought me a good microphone for my birthday so I'll be starting the vocals soon.
Oh yeah, I've come up with another song title which I'll note here: What science cannot solve.
And I found myself composing Titov in my head at work today. Tssk.

Temper Tantrum (my "lovely" ex-wife for any newbies) took her crass expectations to new heights today. For half term she expects me to take a couple of days out of my holiday entitlement so I can have The Boy even though she works in a school & thus has the bloody week off anyway! I did however agree because I'd like to have a couple of days out with him. The national space centre is only up the road in Leicester & I think we'd both enjoy that!

Anyway I have little else to offer you this evening but I didn't want you forgetting about me, eh?

2 Comments:

  • At 9:06 pm, Blogger shorty said…

    I was beginning to think you might have been eaten up by a lion or some other animal.

    I hope the Early Birds pull through, send my best wishes.

    When is this holiday?

     
  • At 12:50 pm, Blogger Charby said…

    Awww.
    I hope the babies pull through, keep us updated!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home