FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

"You have not been paying attention, paying attention, paying attention, paying attention"

Or have you?
We'll see.

First up though let me reassure you all that I'm back up to about 8 on the jolly scale after yesterday's sadness. May I also say thanks to all of you for your sympathy &/or understanding.
It means a lot to me. Last year I had to go through it on my own, which sucked even more.
This kind of leads into where I'm going tonight, the whole interactivity of blogland.
But first picture this...

Morris dancing football!
Imagine David Healy scoring in the last minute in Cardiff in May, he runs to the crowd where he & his ecstatic team mates whip out their hankies & bells & do some Morris dancing!
Go on picture it, made me laugh!
Apologies to my American readers who probably don't know what the heck I'm going on about.

Anyway, recently I have enjoyed how interactive this blog has become, almost like a little community. So I've had a little idea which may or may not work.
A quiz of sorts. One of my more endearing little traits is that I like to make up quizzes & games for my friends. In fact, I was recently admonished by Dream Girl for not having done one for a while. Only problem I'm having is figuring how it's gonna work.
I thought I'd ask you 10 flash related questions & you could all answer in the comments but then I thought you'd all hang back & copy off each other. So then I thought I'd ask 2 or 3 questions to each of you but I don't know who's gonna be dropping by do I?
So I'm kind of stuck & I don't want to be. I WANT TO PLAY!!!

*thinking*

Ok, the only way I can think of doing it is to just ask the questions. You lot, assuming you want to play, answer away in the comments & tomorrow we'll see who has been paying attention, paying attention, paying attention, paying attention.
Some of the answers will be in the archives but not all of them.
So now I've got to think of some fiendish questions...

*thinking again*

1> Who were the last live band I went to see?
2>Other than Kylie, which fictional character would be my ideal women?
3>Speaking of women, How many women have I actually managed to have sex with in the last year?
4>Which Nirvana song is playing on my pod right now?
5>What was the "name" of my first car?
6>What is my favourite alcoholic tipple?
7>What species of animal once came into the lab demanding to know why I was blogging & not doing my job?
8>What is the initial of my first name?
9>Who are my favourite female-fronted band?
10> What is my favourite song ever?

Just in case they are required I have 2 tie-breaker questions...
What should I next put under "world of flash" at the top of the page?
Am I the most ego-centric, attention seeking yet strangely loveable little man you've ever known?

Honestly people, sometimes I get a bit up myself. I need friends to tell me when I cross the line, so please feel free if it's required!!
If not.... then LET'S PLAY!!

6 Comments:

  • At 11:19 pm, Blogger Charby said…

    Yes but Flash the chances of Leeds actually making Cardiff, let alone winning.....
    Laughable!
    Derby to win the Playoffs!

     
  • At 12:08 am, Blogger Charby said…

    Oooh a game! I love games!
    I warn you now I get very competitive!
    My answers are:
    1 - Snow patrol?
    2 - Rachel from friends?
    3 - 2?
    4 - Come as you are?
    5 - Jim - which even if it ain't is what I'm gonna call my car (if I ever eventually pass the test!)
    6 - vodka and cranberry juice?
    7 - A Cock (hey, it's a bird!)
    8 - N?
    9 - I have no idea so I'm making a random guess at a band i've heard you mention but I know it ain't exactly "female fronted" - Ash.
    10 - Enjoy the silence - Depeche Mode?

     
  • At 12:28 am, Blogger shorty said…

    Oh man, Charby beat me by just minutes. I better win. CHARBY, are we gonna have to put the gloves on?

    1. Snow Patrol - Dec 1st
    2. Far Flung Friend : )
    3. 2 - Rainbow Girl & Do you Kiss Your Mum with that Mouth
    4. Teen Spirit
    5. Alan
    6. Red Wine
    7. Kangaroo
    8. N
    9. Bananarama
    10. Enjoy the Silence - DM

    I'm not even stessing, I know I have atleast 7 right!!!!!

    Right?? Am I right Flash, the suspense is killing me.

     
  • At 2:27 pm, Blogger Charby said…

    Alan!
    Grrr!
    If that means you win I won't be happy!
    Ding Ding! Lettttsss gettt rrrrrreeeaaaddddyyy toooo Rrrrrrruuummmble Cheryl!

     
  • At 6:02 pm, Blogger Erika said…

    I have no clue whatsoever but I want to play so...

    1> Who were the last live band I went to see?

    Motley Crue! Hey, they did just reunite after all. Someone must want to see them again.

    2>Other than Kylie, which fictional character would be my ideal women?

    Betty Rubble. Think about it: she's curvy, giggly, brave, non-conformist and utterly devoted to her short, pudgy husband without harassing him about his manliness or health. Not a bad catch, really.

    3>Speaking of women, How many women have I actually managed to have sex with in the last year?

    Four. One in each season.

    4>Which Nirvana song is playing on my pod right now?

    Smells Like Teen Spirit. Because that may well be the only one I know. Oh, wait - wasn't there one called Heroin? My grunge days are a bit of a drug-hazed blur.

    5>What was the "name" of my first car?

    Tojo, after the Japanese war general who commanded the attack on Pearl Harbour. No, wait, that was mine.

    6>What is my favourite alcoholic tipple?

    Pink Lady martinis with extra umbrellas and cherries with pre-knotted stems so you can impress the ladies.

    7>What species of animal once came into the lab demanding to know why I was blogging & not doing my job?

    I don't even know what this question means!

    8>What is the initial of my first name?

    A. Or perhaps B. C, even. D?

    9>Who are my favourite female-fronted band?

    Given that 90% of men don't really care about the details when presented with a female front, this could be anyone.

    10> What is my favourite song ever?

    I wanted to come up with something horribly tacky here but all I've managed to do is get The Macarena stuck in my head. Serves me right for being so snarky.

    Did I win? Did I win?

     
  • At 1:53 am, Blogger damagedone said…

    1. The Zutons
    2. Neytiri of Avatar atm
    3. 1
    4. Milk It
    5. Grahhh
    6. White Russian
    7. A 'git'
    8. S
    9. The Breeders
    10. Currently 2 + 2 = 5, Radiohead but subject to change at a moments notice

     

Post a Comment

<< Home