FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

"Tears on a pillow, eyes on a phone"

Holy mother of God!
You should see the fucking phone bill that was sat behind the door, happily waiting to ruin my life. Somehow I think I must have missed a bill somewhere & I know I have my broadband to pay for aswell but £260! One call alone cost 25 notes! I'm doomed.
Not being slow, BT have already suspended my broadband. So for the next week or two, blogging may be a less regular thing. I also apologize in advance for any absence from your comments. The upshot of this is that the tickets to the states that I was going to buy this weekend will now have to wait a couple of weeks. On the plus side I do have money coming in, I did a double shift last week & here I am today at work at this hour when I'm on days. Delusions Of Grandeur is ill so I went home at 2 & came back in at 6 till midnight. I'm in tomorrow at 8am & if he's sick again I shall work through till midnight again. I'm bloody knackered though.

So I got a valentine's card. I'm pretty sure it's a pisstake from someone but I don't care. At least I didn't have to suffer the shame of not getting anything for the 2nd year running.
It's actually been made to look like it's from someone with the initial D. So I think I'm supposed to think it's from Buddy With Boobs. I suspect it's from one of the 3 fairly new girls who work here, I've thought for a little while that the blonde one as a soft spot for me (a view shared by Crisp Fiend). She has a boyfriend so don't start getting excited, also & I'm sorry for being so basic here; I fancy her enough to shag her but she would struggle to entertain my head for more than 2 minutes. Anyway my theory is that she & her 2 cohorts came up with a plan to send a joke card to me but she didn't tell the other two that she wasn't joking. Or I could be woefully wide of the mark, as I often am when it comes to the fairer sex.

All that remains to be said is that "American Idiot" is quite clearly a new kind of narcotic to which I am hopelessly addicted. I'm currently on my second hit of the evening & it feels good.
NICE!

9 Comments:

  • At 1:11 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope that huge phone bill and the 25 note incident is not because of me back in November.

    Also, I understand the lack of funds and the need to push the trip back. Save your pennies and I'll still be here!!!!

     
  • At 5:53 pm, Blogger Chapstick said…

    Hmm, methinks that Flash should consider switching to Vonage.. or whatevery you crazy people over there have for VoIP.

    Wierd, I was sitting here at work listening to American Idiot on my iPod, wearing my shirt from the concert when I read this... This just proves further that Green Day is trying to take over the world. (and succeeding)

     
  • At 8:56 pm, Blogger Hyde said…

    Sorry about the phone bill! Keep us posted if you find out who sent the mysterious Valentine...

     
  • At 9:57 pm, Blogger shorty said…

    Update!!!!! Have a great weekend!

     
  • At 12:39 am, Blogger Charby said…

    Sort it out!
    We need Flash Updates!
    Get your priorities right!

     
  • At 6:21 pm, Blogger GJC said…

    Bills are evil, evil, EEEEVIL things.

    :::shooting a yes-I'm-talking-about-you look at the $300 gas bill sitting on the desk next to me:::

    How wrong is it that a company should be able to get rich off people's base desire to be WARM in JANUARY??? And it's not like we run the bloodydamn heat at tropical levels--we keep the bloodydamn house at 62 degrees, for heaven's sake! It's like Hypothermia Central here!

    And let's not even talk about phone bills. I'm with chapstick up there--you need VOIP. And I, apparently, need to build a garbage-can fire in my living room.

    DOWN WITH UTILITIES!!!

     
  • At 9:22 pm, Blogger Charby said…

    *taps fingers impatiently on computer while awaiting updates*

     
  • At 9:40 pm, Blogger Chapstick said…

    *taps as well*

    Hehe, my parents were gone all weekend, and the thermostat never moved from 55, and I just turned it off at night and slept with my window open...
    Winter Rocks.

     
  • At 8:03 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thought I'd take you to double figures, la la la!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home