FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Saturday, April 16, 2005

"Rain down, rain down..."

Well, I'm feeling pretty shit about things at the moment.
No real reason, no real cause.
Just a bit fed up.

So, in the interests of posting something I present, inspired by Lord Bargain, my top 20 Singles of that wonderful year, 1997.

20- Mikayo hideaway / Marion
19- No one speaks / Geneva
18- Stay young / Ultrasound
17- The international language of screaming / Super furry animals
16- Monday morning 5:19 / Rialto
15- 12 reasons why I love her / My life story
14- Karma police / Radiohead
13- U16 girls / Travis
12- Home / Depeche mode
11- Local boy in the photograph / Stereophonics
10- Blinded by the sun / The seahorses
9- Nancy boy / Placebo
8- Love has passed away / The supernaturals
7- A thousand trees / Stereophonics
6- It's no good / Depeche mode
5- The drugs don't work / The verve
4- If... / The bluetones
3- Richard III / Supergrass
2- Song 2 / Blur
1- Paranoid android / Radiohead

So there you go.
Also on a tunes tip, I noticed that out of the 4500+ songs on my i-tunes, only 4 start with the letter Q. Any guesses?

Finally, I've taken Stompp's advice & gotten onto Soundclick. You can now hear "We both know" & "Egg wielding freak" by clicking here.
Those of you who've asked for copies of "Confessions..." following wednesday's whoring - I salute you & thank you.

6 Comments:

  • At 11:15 pm, Blogger Mark said…

    If it's "Q", then it may very well include a couple of Depeche Mode songs "Question of Time"... etc. Not sure about that I will have to check.

     
  • At 12:15 am, Blogger Flash said…

    Good effort but both the ones you mean are "A question of time/lust"

     
  • At 2:50 am, Blogger Erika said…

    For the record, the only reason I haven't harassed you about your album is because of where I live compared to where you live. Seems unfair to make you post something over that rather expansive and expensive ocean. Very curious to hear it, though, if you ever upload any samples...

     
  • At 2:51 am, Blogger Erika said…

    And I'm listening to "Songs of Faith and Devotion" as I write this, thanks to you, Mark. I always forget about this album.

     
  • At 10:59 pm, Blogger LB said…

    right.

    12 Resons Why I Love Her is a *great* record, I have the cd single which I think has an extended mix with 17 reasons. Five bonus reasons....!

    Good list, by the way, and some Geneva/Seahorses/Verve overlap there. it was a good year...

    Queen Of The New Year by Deacon Blue.

    Queer by Garbage.

    Que Sera Sera by Doris Day.

    and "Queen of Rain" by Roxette (from the underrated "Tourism" album. No? Just me, then)

     
  • At 7:13 am, Blogger Flash said…

    "Queer" was right, Lord

     

Post a Comment

<< Home