FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Friday, September 16, 2005

"I know I won't be leaving here with you"

Hey!

So the magic number was 7 (I'd not be so presumptuous to think I'd hit double figures!) which means that our first guest won't even be a blogger! He will however be a bugger.
That cheeky Yorkshire bugger, The Duke Of Jokes.
So hoping that everybody hasn't already done it & with her kind permission, I'd like to expand the idea towards Ka's 5 celebrity exceptions.
I await your response, Ka.
If granted then the DOJ can do his bit next week, I'll also have to have a go myself.

In an hour or so I'm going out. Our maintenance manager at work retires today after giving almost 40 years of service to the company. He was actually one of the people who started the business back before I was a twinkle in my father's eye.
He's a thoroughly smashing bloke & is well liked throughout the company, so tonight there's a bit of a shindig going on in his honour. This will no doubt follow on to the nightclub & much drunken debauchery. I will be meeting my girlfriend there & get this... Buddy With Boobs will be with her BOYFRIEND!!!!!

Yup, she's finally told FuckwitHusband that enough is enough & has found happiness with another guy from work, who I think we'll call Moustache. Moustache is a nice fella, who I've never really gotten to know. I do know that he's had a really rough time over the last year or so & is due his share of happiness too.
It's very early days for them but Buddy With Boobs is confident that things will go well.
I think it's absolutely great, mostly because she's one of my dearest friends & it fills me with joy to see her happy.

Right now I better go & have a shave & figure out which clothes I'm gonna wear.
Most likely; Black jeans, Black Shirt, Black shoes.
One just can't go wrong with black, eh?

11 Comments:

  • At 5:50 pm, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    I'm glad I read this post before posting my five in the comments of the previous post.

    And I think that's the first time you've identified Nice as a girlfriend in any of your posts.

     
  • At 5:55 pm, Blogger Flash said…

    Your right Spins, it is!

     
  • At 6:07 pm, Blogger sunshine said…

    Whoa, whoa, WHOA!

    Hang on a minute, further explanation is needed here.

    Is Nice still with her (other) boyfriend? Do you just sneak around?

    How serious is this, Flash, have you said I love you?

    Have you had a SOBER moment yet?

    Has she met the boy?

    *sigh*

    Yes, black is very slimming, can't go wrong with it. : )

    ooooo

     
  • At 6:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WOW!! I'm the winner
    Championé
    Championé
    Olé
    Olé
    Olé!

    Hmmm me thinks I should get out on the pull this weekend.
    Earlier on in the week I won a runner's up prize at Mute Records winning some Moby goodies. Now I win this and they say things come in threes.... ;)

    Looking forward to my residency with trepidation!

     
  • At 7:09 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    and oh yeah as sunshine wrote "Whoa, whoa, WHOA!"

    your girlfriend!?

     
  • At 7:11 pm, Blogger LavaLady said…

    I went back and read this three times... girlfriend? Yes, we all expect an explanation.

    Congratulations as well.

     
  • At 8:35 pm, Blogger Mike Davis said…

    Yep, black all the way mate - you just can't go wrong.

     
  • At 1:42 am, Blogger Charby said…

    Bird?

    Not black. its boring, accessorise it with some bright orange!

     
  • At 2:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well we will see about that black stuff. The mystic will investigate the meaning of wearing colour.

     
  • At 3:08 pm, Blogger Hyde said…

    I'm with you on the black, Flash. And I'm with everyone else in wanting to know when Nice converted to "girlfriend" status!!!
    -h

     
  • At 3:58 pm, Blogger Toenex said…

    I just started reading your post but I have an absolutely shite attention span, so I thought I would just make some ill informed, random comments instead. I liked the name "Buddy with Boobs" something I intend to steal and present as my own without reference to you. Are you talking about some form of platonic female friend or a fat block with bitch tits? To me it works either way. To be honest the rest of the post is all a blank to me know, but thanks anyways.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home