FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Saturday, September 17, 2005

"Though it's not love it means something"

Blimey!
One use of the G word & you all go a bit funny!

Yes, Nice has been deemed my girlfriend, simply because that's what she is.
I feel like we've spent a lot of time together which has always been enjoyable for both of us, so it simply felt like a natural progression.
Don't be alarmed though, the use of the words boyfriend & girlfriend does not signify any kind of great leap or commitment (perish the thought).

So to answer a few questions;
Nice left her boyfriend some weeks ago now, she has been living with her mum until last weekend when she moved into a flat about 5 minutes away from my place. We did have to keep things quiet for a while because Nice didn't leave him to be with me. She left him because she wasn't happy. Thus she didn't want him to draw the wrong conclusion. We went public last weekend in the nightclub & now pretty much everyone at work knows, more of which in a while.

How serious is it? Not really serious at all, on my side.
Have I said "I love you"? No, because I don't love her. When we first started I told Nice that she wasn't allowed to fall in love with me. I believe she has & I vaguely recall her speaking of this last night when we were very, very drunk.
I do think she's lovely & I know I'm going to miss her this upcoming week while I'm on lates but I haven't fallen for her. To be honest, that suits me down to the ground.
I'm afraid I'm getting quite cynical in my old age & the idea of love scares me.

Have we had a sober moment yet?
Does work count?
No, we really haven't which should be a bit of a worry, but it isn't.

Has she met The Boy?
Yes she has. It hasn't been a big deal sort of thing though. We bumped into her, Lil' one & Lil' Mum while we were waiting for a bus a couple of weeks ago. Also she popped in a couple of hours ago to pick something up & they said hello then. The Boy has just been told "This is my friend, Nice". I don't think he's fazed by it as I do have several female friends who he's met before. If the time ever comes I will sit down with him & talk to him about it all. I don't feel that its needed at present.

Does she know about the Blog?
Yes, sort of. I've told her about blogging (apparently her ex was just getting into it when they split!) & how much of a big thing in my life it is. I've also told her that it has to stay entirely separate from people in my real life. She accepted & understood just fine.


Am I gonna reply to the E-mail I got last night?
Yes, soon.

Last night was a hoot. Buddy With Boobs & I got to the party quite early. We were both waiting for our "partners" to turn up. Moustache arrived after about an hour & Nice came about half a hour after that. She looked really good & she turned a few work heads who hadn't seen her like that before. The party was in full swing by now & both Nice & myself were mingling around a bit.
Much to my horror, she returned to me with the news that at least 3 of our colleagues had warned her off me because I am "trouble".
I was actually really saddened by that, I don't think I've ever been trouble. I'm a thoroughly nice fella who goes out of my way to treat people with kindness. It knocked me out of my stride a bit. The party finished around 10.30 and quite a few of us made our way up to the club.

Nice's friends were in the club so she went & hung with them for a bit. I had a bit of a wander around & eventually found myself in a bit of a crowd from work. One of these was She Of The Lovely Jubblies & Even Lovelier Smile who you may remember I've always been a bit keen on.
Now really what is it with women? You think after all this time I'd have some modicum of understanding, eh?
Well I don't.
Over the last 2 or 3 years I have made several attempts at romance with SOTLJ&ELS, none of which have been reciprocated. Only the other week at the races, I made some gentle enquiries. I then asked her friend BallBreaker, who is well clued up on the 2 of us, if it would ever happen with SOTLJ&ELS. She told me no. So I finally gave up hoping, especially considering how things were going with Nice.
So last night, She Of The Lovely Jubblies & Even lovelier Smile starts dancing with me, then she starts looking at me in a way she's never done before, then she's grinding against me. I jovially tell her off, saying that I can't believe she's doing this to me now, now that I'm with someone. She carries on & in all honesty I'm bewitched. I came extremely close to kissing her but I'm not a total shit & with Nice in mind I backed down.
I can only assume that my unavailability has increased my attractiveness! Who'd have thought that was possible!

I think Nice had seen enough & with big smile (she is in possession of the most beautiful smile) she came bounding over, grabbed me by the hand & announced that we were leaving as she whisked me off away from her "rival". I'm not sure I even got to say goodbye!

Moustache & Buddy With Boobs were "borrowing" my flat whilst Nice & I were clubbing so I had to fire off a swift warning text. It was quite strange, the four of us sitting there chatting & sharing a smoke. I would never have believed it 2 months ago.

And you can guess the rest...

13 Comments:

  • At 10:30 pm, Blogger LB said…

    It might be an idea in the long run for you to tell The Boy what her real name is so he doesn't have to call her "Nice" from now on.

    Just a thought....

     
  • At 12:22 am, Blogger sunshine said…

    Thank you!

     
  • At 5:12 am, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    Hey now! I've always been a bit funny...nothing new about that for me.

    The 4 of you sitting together and having a smoke..."you can guess the rest." Oh my!

     
  • At 8:52 am, Blogger Toenex said…

    I'm still amazed how you met all these people with such unconventional Christian names. Are the all appropriate? I mean is 'The Boy' a boy? did he parents not consider what happens when he becomes a man? and as for sqr(Moustache)...

     
  • At 8:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Another top post. Glad things are going shiny. I can totally understand the "trouble" thing. I've had that said to my female friends about me. It don't do much for your mood does it?

    But I kinda figured; screw it, if folk believe them I ain't missing out on much.

     
  • At 11:34 pm, Blogger Mark said…

    I was thinking the same thing - if Flash was real and not just a blogger, would he blog about me and call me HE WHO ALWAYS WEARS BAND T-SHIRTS, or HE WHO'S ALWAYS LATE TO THE OFFICE?

     
  • At 12:40 am, Blogger Hyde said…

    From a girl's point of view, about your dilemma with SOTLJ&ELS-- a lot of times, once a girl knows a guy is "taken," it's much safer to flirt with him. Unavailablity is a turn on to some because they can get a guy interested and get attention with no risk involved.

    Either that, or it's a sort of power trip to her. I don't know... I'm not really a flirt (without following through, that is), but I have a lot of friends who are...

    -h

     
  • At 1:22 am, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    I imagine I'd be Crazy Disorganized Chick...

     
  • At 1:33 am, Blogger Charby said…

    Oooh what would I be called in the Land of Flash if I wasn't already Charby??

     
  • At 12:24 pm, Blogger sunshine said…

    In regards to Charby's question....it would have the word 'arse' in it I'm sure.

     
  • At 1:09 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dagerous words Flash.

    " what is it with women"

     
  • At 1:10 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Danegerous

     
  • At 1:15 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My dyslexia is bad today. DANGEROUS

    finally, sheeez!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home