FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

"I hang on every word you say"

Saw this over at ST's & was simply unable to resist.

Simply stick your iPod player on "shuffle" and let it become your own personal oracle by answering the following questions:

1. What do you think of me?
"You're unbelievable!" (Unbelievable by EMF)

Well thank you! I think the world of you too!

2. Will I have a happy life?
"...The stars reach down & tell us that there's always one escape" (Through the barricades by Spandau Ballet)

So it'll remain as one scrape to another then, will it?

3. What do my friends *really* think of me?
"You never refuse when she lies back, put a stripe on the union & a star on the jack" (Meet el Presidente by Duran Duran)

What I believe Humbert is suggesting here is that my friends think I'm a whore & I don't care from which side of the Atlantic I take my prey from. Bastards.

4. What does my Significant Other think of me?
"Is it my imagination or have I finally found something worth living for?" (Cigarettes & alcohol by Oasis)

By gosh, I bet that's exactly what she thinks!

5. Do people secretly lust after me?
"I thought I heard a lover's sigh, It wasn't very loud
It came when I was passing by somebody else's cloud" (Nobody knows by Nik Kershaw)

As if there was ever any doubt!

7. What should I do with my life?
"Like a pawn on the eternal board, who's never quite sure what he's moved towards
I walk blindly on
And heaven is in front of me, your heaven beckons me enticingly
When I arrive it's gone
The river flows, The wise man knows
I follow you" (The Bottom Line by Depeche Mode)

It would appear that I shall spend the rest of my days aching for that special someone I already know. Hmmm, sound familiar?

8. Why must life be so full of pain?
"Forever, ever delayed
Forever, ever delayed
Forever, ever betrayed
Forever, ever delayed" (Forever delayed by Manic Street Preachers)

After some deep analysis, I can only conclude that whilst happiness & joy may well be always late, some form of betrayal or injustice will always be on the menu. How very bleak.
9. What advice can you give me?
"If you believe your dreams will come true, then sleep is all you'll ever do" (Sleep by Marion)

Oooh Humbert, I'll bear that in mind, you profound little bugger.

10. What do you think true happiness is
"Knowing, possessing, seeing, eating, sleeping (that's just being)
touching, tasting, loving, wanting & taking more love & more pride" (Love & Pride by King)

Blimey, I think I may have to give my I-Pod the title of Guru

11. Will I die happy?
"cos when the shit hits the fan, you know I'll always be an also ran
please, please understand, Yes I'm the day before yesterday's man" (The Day Before Yesterday's Man by The Supernaturals)


Unlikely then, eh?

7 Comments:

  • At 9:26 pm, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    "Knowing, possessing, seeing, eating, sleeping (that's just being)
    touching, tasting, loving, wanting & taking more love & more pride" (Love & Pride by King)


    Humbert is a genius (well, except for what your friends really think of you, perhaps that's a bit harsh)! I have my own version done, but I have a much more interesting post for tomorrow...so tune in to my page, well, everyday, but Thursday for Spins' oracle.

     
  • At 9:30 pm, Blogger Chapstick said…

    I'm afraid that my iPod wouldn't have too much to say, and besides, Brekkfus Sammich isn't nearly all of my music collection

     
  • At 10:35 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If you can't be with the one you love love the one you're with, Crosby, Stills and Nash.

    Why wait any longer for the one you love when he's standing in front of you, Bob Dylan

     
  • At 11:50 pm, Blogger swisslet said…

    My. Humbert is quite the mystic, eh?

    ST

     
  • At 4:34 am, Blogger Mike Davis said…

    "Through the Barricades" and "Love and Pride" ?

    Two of my three favourite 'singing in the shower' tunes.

    Do you have "Jesse's Girl" on there, too?

     
  • At 10:49 am, Blogger Hyde said…

    Hi

    -high

    -h

     
  • At 1:23 pm, Blogger Babs said…

    Man, I got to get me an Ipod.

    And happy to see Duran Duran popped up, as it were.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home