FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

"Je T'aime..."

Bon sour mon amis!

I've just read all your comments on the last post & I was smiling the whole time. It's always a pleasure to welcome someone new to World of Flash, so Hello to TracyLynn a lady who knows how to make a good first impression!

Last night, as you know, I went to see Coldplay. I had a proper smashing night!

The Halle du Tont Garnier was actually only a 20 minute walk from my hotel, how cool is that??
In my time I've been to literally hundreds of gigs but I've never been to one on foot before, not even when I was in a band!

Goldfrapp where the support act & I managed to get down the front just before they came on. Musically they didn't really impress me but, it has to be said, Alison Goldfrapp is one seriously sexy woman. Now I apologise in advance for how graphic I'm going to be here but, her trousers were so tight that I could actually see the shape of her pussy! And I was a good 20 feet away!
Zut alors!!

Not long after I had made this observation I heard a voice behind me say "I thought that was a man!"
Incredulously (& most pleased to hear the English langauge) I turned about...
"You thought she was a man!!!!"
And thus began a totally smashing 2 hour friendship!

Two American women were right behind me & we got to talking (as you do). The one I spoke most to was called Michelle & was originally from California. She has lived outside Lyon for years since marrying a Frenchman. She was 36. She was also the hottest, youngest looking 36 year old I ever did see! I really did not believe her until she showed me her ID!

Now this may not make sense but somehow she really reminded me of our very own Sunshine. She just kinda seemed like I know Sunshine would be, were I to randomly meet her at a gig or something. She said the sort of things that Sunshine would & carried herself in the way I'd imagine my far flung friend would. I thanked her after the gig, when we parted ways, for making a special night even more special. Michelle, who will not be reading this, I salute you!

The gig was fantastic. Now I really enjoyed seeing them in the Reebok when I went with The Tall People, but to get down the front where you can see the whites of their eyes & jump about like a man possessed who shouts En-Ger-Land at every quiet moment in the hope of getting a nod from the band was really a joy to behold!

In short I had a really, really good night.

I'm happy but I'm about ready to go home this weekend.
Just long enough to engage with all the people I miss.
Which reminds me...
I want to thank each & every one of you guys, you have been my constant during a crazy time. Your presence & the knowledge that I'm sharing this whole experience with you really does make me feel very happy & very proud to know you all.

Thanks you guys!!!

Au revoir!!!

Ps: stupid French keyboards - You have no idea how many times I have had to delete this thing:ยง which is where the exclamation mark should be.

11 Comments:

  • At 8:06 pm, Blogger sunshine said…

    * Hugs & one kiss on the cheek *

    I'm flattered you would have such a high regard for me. It's funny, when I had just turned 21, when I would go to bars, my "fake" name I would give out was Michelle. Isn't that ironic?

    Always glad to be here when you are feeling down and lonely.

    Enjoy your time at home with your loved ones.

    I only hope we can meet someday, and I only hope I can live up to these expections I now know you hold of me.

    ooooooooooooooo

     
  • At 8:35 pm, Blogger Alecya G said…

    Bitter. Seems to be the only word I can say this week, with all of you going to fantastic concerts.

    I am glad you get to go home and see your loved ones, though. That is always a comfort.

    Aren't people you meet randomly so much fun?

     
  • At 9:48 pm, Blogger Mike Davis said…

    Just scooted back to the 16th of Nov to find out what the bloody hell you're doing in Lyon!

    Now I've got 2 weeks of Flash's Adventures in France to catch up with!

    And thanks for the comment today - Le Bogeybum

     
  • At 11:07 pm, Blogger Chapstick said…

    Hey Flash, just letting you know that my blog's address has changed. you can find me now at http://saladtaxi.blogspot.com/

    Oh, and how I wish I could see Coldplay live... Damn lucky Brit. (runsoff)

     
  • At 11:30 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bon soir monsieur Flash!

    I know of someone in Europe who went to see Coldplay but didn't know Goldfrapp were supporting and were ecstatic when they found out and enjoyed their set (I enjoyed them too the other month in Leeds but I digress). 2 Songs into Coldplay they went home as they didn't want to spoil the night.
    Made me laugh anyway
    A LOT!

    And what is it with bloody Coldplay nicking Kraftwerk riffs and the lead singer trying to sound like Trent Reznor on the recent MTV awards? pillock...

     
  • At 3:48 am, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    It sounds like a superb time! And good to find someone to connect with, too.

    So when do you head home? I hope you get to have some good quality time with The Boy and Nice...and all your other peeps.

    It's been great sharing your adventures so far.

     
  • At 2:03 pm, Blogger weenie said…

    Sounds like you had/are having a fab time, Monsieur Le Flash!

     
  • At 5:29 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think I can safely say that the honour and pleasure has been all ours. It's been a joy to follow you through Lyon. Made me want to go beside.

    It's been fun.

    And git coz of the Coldplay and Allison Goldfrapp thing.

     
  • At 9:01 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You could see the shape of her pussy, from 20 feet away, and we don't have one solitary picture.What is this world coming to?

     
  • At 9:11 pm, Blogger LB said…

    I love this whole French encounter. C'est tres bien (or summink).

    It's more "adieu" than "au revoir", isn't it?

    can't beat a night with the Coldplay boys, eh?

     
  • At 8:28 am, Blogger swisslet said…

    how cool that you saw Coldplay? Je suis tres jealous.

    oh, and be sure that you try some Extra Black whilst you are out there. Liquorice flavour menthol gum. Hmmmmm.



    ST

     

Post a Comment

<< Home