FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Monday, February 06, 2006

"You watch your former lovers growing old"

Another weekend at home; another heroic intake of alcohol.

Friday was just a mellow chilled out evening, just Nice & I hanging out.
Saturday was a day for The Boy we went over to Northampton to have a snoop round the shops. We ended up getting 4 new games for the X-box. All were pre-owned & as cheap as chips so it was a bit of a result. Nice joined me for a couple of hours in the evening.

Sunday, however, was where all the action was. The Boy & I endured an hour & a quarter in church which was pretty grim but after that it was time for the party. As we waited outside the church for Reckless et al to come out I spied Monochrome Baby. For the first time in nearly 14 years. I caught her eye & said a cheery hello. She said nothing, she dismissed me with a forced half smile then quickly turned her now sneering face away. Fine, be like that!

Her reaction towards me had made it so much easier for me to mock her. The years have not been kind to Monochrome Baby. She looks at least 45 to 50 instead of the 36 that she is. She really does look old, encouragingly so. Myself, Reckless & Funny Dance all felt pretty good about how we look for our age after seeing her.
She did, all those years ago, used to be such a pretty thing too. Now she looks gaunt & haggard. The only thing that reminded me of the girl I once loved was the 1988 hairstyle that she still sports. According to my sources she has never had any other style during all those years.
I've noticed over the years that some people grow into their looks, I count myself among these actually. Not that I reckon myself to be a hottie or anything, just that I feel comfortable with the way I look & realize that I'm not actually hideous as I'd always led myself to believe.
Poor old Monochrome Baby has gone the other way, laughing? Moi?
Au naturellement!
One last thing about her before I move on, she may well have the most appropriate blog name I ever did come up with! (Even if I did steal it from the title of a song I wrote about her many moons ago)

Being that I had no major plans for the rest of the day I decided I'd have a few beers & get a bit merry. When we could take the party no more, Reckless, Dream Girl & I retreated back to mine with all our respective kids. There Dream Girl & I set about the bottle of apple schnapps that the rather smashing waiter in Lyon's finest Indian restaurant had given to me on Thursday. Poor old Reckless was driving so no booze for him.
As the day drew on Dream Girl & I were getting pretty smashed. Lucky for me that Temper Tantrum had relieved me of The Boy by then. Soon Nice joined us, her & I were going to the pub to watch the footy & the guys were going back to Northampton.
Dream Girl had other ideas though, she thought we should all get smashed & they should stay the night. Reckless took some persuading but eventually came round to the idea. He & Nice went out to score some gear & buy more booze, while Dream Girl & I drank even more.
By the time Reckless & Nice had returned Dream Girl was at passing out point. This gave me lots of opportunities to smack her about with a pillow & to pour water all over her! Hurrah, the fun never stops round Flash's place. To her credit, Dream Girl did pull herself back round & we continued to drink, smoke, chatter & laugh for the rest of the night.

I think we all had some degree of regret at 5 this morning when we all had to get up. Nice had to be at work for 6, I had a plane to catch & the guys had to get back to Northampton for all their morning stuff.

Something else happened over the weekend, but sadly it has been classified in true X files style as "Tell no one".

10 Comments:

  • At 3:58 pm, Blogger shorty said…

    What?

    Tell US! I never did care much for the X files.

    I'm glad you had a Nice weekend at home, no pun intended.

    Take care

     
  • At 5:14 pm, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    Wow, that turned into quite the celebration.

    Sounds like a wonderful weekend home.

     
  • At 9:17 pm, Blogger LB said…

    the truth is out there.

    heh heh heh

     
  • At 10:28 pm, Blogger Charby said…

    WHAT HAPPENED?
    You cant leave it like that cliffhanger and not tell us!

     
  • At 2:44 pm, Blogger Alecya G said…

    I Want to Believe.

    Yep. X-files geek here.

    So...Flash...you should tell us *wheedles* Please? Please?

    sounds like a nice time though. Excellent.

     
  • At 3:00 pm, Blogger Dzesika said…

    Isn't it nice to see how much your former lovers have just gone down the ... well, you get the idea.

    I still can't wait to see the look on my ex's face during that inevitable meeting someday, the one where he sees how stupid he was for insisting I lose weight or he'd leave me ... wanker.

     
  • At 7:21 pm, Blogger Hyde said…

    Ha! Great story. But I'm also dying to know the secret. Flashy! How could you rev us up like this with no relief in sight?

     
  • At 8:30 pm, Blogger Mark said…

    ... and I think you should give each of US a special FLASHY name... like "The Tall Person" or "Depeshay" or...

     
  • At 10:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What games did you get? I traded in some of my old "never get played" ones in favour of Rainbow Six 3: Lockdown and FarCry: Instincts.

     
  • At 2:19 pm, Blogger Flash said…

    Guys!
    I cannot tell, I wish I could from a diary point of view for myself & because I don't like keeping you guys in the dark, but I really can't even give you a snippet. Sorry.

    Mark - I already did that in a post last year, if memory serves you were Angry, Articulate & Ace

    Phil - Worms 3D
    Project Gotham 2
    Crash Bandicoot cart races (summat like that anyway!)
    & Robots (for The Boy)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home