FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

"She takes her clothes off, one by one..."

Greetings!
So I had a smashing night out with the guys on Friday. We had a couple of beers then an Indian, then some more beer & then we went to Urban Tiger; Northampton's only Lapdancing emporium.
Now lapdancing has been mentioned a couple of times in Blogland lately, so I thought I'd give you my views on the subject.
I like it.
Shocked? Of course not.
Now I do consider myself to be a fairly switched on 21st century sort of man, but I am indeed a man. And I'm a man who loves women. (Even though half of 'em are mentalists!) And I like looking at women, & when those women are scantily clad or naked, I enjoy looking at them even more. Strange? I do hope not.
Do I think the girls are being exploited? I don't think they are. I don't think it's the same ball game as street prostitution, where many girls work out of a great need or are even forced into it. I feel the lapdancers have made an informed choice. A choice that, I have to confess, would not be difficult for me to make were I a lady in possesion of the right "crudentials". I actually got chatting to one of the girls in a very normal manner. She was 23 & she drove from Lincoln (Some 60 or 70 miles) twice a week to work at Urban Tiger. She told me that she earns a reasonable amount of money which is helping to fund her gap year. She also told me that she loves being on the stage & doing her thing. She said it makes her feel good. Fair play to her.
I had a private dance whilst there, funded by TheStoryteller. I very much enjoyed the experience. I found it to be exciting & fun. Harmless fun.
Some of my mates had to go back home & lie about where they had been. They had my sympathy & understanding. I had similar issues with Temper Tantrum & it wouldn't be worth the inevitable shit-storm to mention it. So I'd lie, like they did. Of course, these days I don't have that kind of worry. My rather smashing girlfriend was pleased that I had gone out & enjoyed myself. It's so lovely not to be worrying about covering my tracks. It's the way it should be.

I did strange celebrity looky-likey thing.
Hugh Jackman-Good
Jeb Bush-Bad
Victoria Principal-What?



I have to be at work again at 1am (Don't ask) so I had a little spliff to help me have that rarest of beasts; an afternoon nap. The side effects of said smoke are that I seem to be waffling a bit.
So I'm just gonna bugger off the bed.

7 Comments:

  • At 5:55 pm, Blogger Mark said…

    hey! whatever floats your boat fella.

     
  • At 6:18 pm, Blogger adem said…

    There's nothing wrong with a bit of lapdancing, and I freqented a few places in Prague. A long as they're classy places then I'm okay with it but a few places were slighty dodgy. I went to one place and it turned out to be a VERY dodgy brothel. whoops!

     
  • At 6:19 pm, Blogger Cat said…

    I agree re the lapdancing. Of the four colleagues I went with on Friday night (all male) only one was able to tell his wife where he was without fear of recrimination. One is still in the doghouse! I've no problem with a boyfriend ending up there on a night out, although I might feel differently if he went every weekend.

    Similarly, I have had boyfriends who have previously visited prostitutes and had encounters with men - while some of my female friends were horrified by this, I found it quite a turn on. Provided they weren't doing it during our relationship - and I trusted them not to be - it wasn't a problem.

     
  • At 9:28 pm, Blogger Mark said…

    nothing wrong with sleeping with men

     
  • At 9:33 pm, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    I took a lap dancing class this year, and I have the utmost respect for those women who do it professionally. They make it all look so amazingly graceful and sexy and easy. And it's not.

    I'm glad you could be upfront with Nice. That rocks!

     
  • At 1:58 am, Blogger Charby said…

    Although it wasnt really my thing when I went to see them, I wouldnt have a problem with anyone I was with going to see them..

    As long as it was just looking and no touching!!!

     
  • At 8:48 am, Blogger Stef said…

    Lapdancing places just seem to be designed to empty your wallet as quickly as possible.

    One in Birmingham lets you get cashback on your card but charges you £4 for the privilege. WTF?! They're going to get it all back anyway!

    I was in Northampton yesterday. Not lapdancing though, eating lunch with my father.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home