FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

"Maybe I drive to get off"

I am SO bloody tired.
Only got 5 hours sleep & now here I am at work for another 12 hour shift.
Tonight should, in theory, be very easy. One of the plants I look after has finished for the year so my workload has been cut by about 30%. Buddy With Boobs finished yesterday so I'm feeling a bit lost, the existence of a Laboratory technician on this shift is an isolated one anyway but without my friend coming by to join me for a smoke every hour or so it's proper dull!
Therefore you should anticipate an evening of frenzied blog activity.

I feel the need for a rant.
The cause of my chagrin is that wonderful example of humankind that I used to be married to. Now be honest people, consider the evidence (which is admittedly brought to you only from one side of the argument, however the facts cannot be twisted) & tell me; am I being unreasonable?
The last 2 Christmas days I was living in Northampton, some 16 miles from The Boy's home. On both occasions I have got up mega early & driven to Crapsville so I can be with my son when he wakes up & finds all Santa's offerings. I wouldn't miss it for Kylie. Then, again for the last 2 years, I have driven her & The Boy to Watford (50 miles away) so they can be with her family. Then I have driven back to Northampton. Again on both occasions I have on the 27th driven back to Watford (which is south of here, by the way), collected The Boy & driven north to Wakefield so we can be with my family. Watford to Wakefield is about 170 miles & it's a bit of a choker driving past Northampton. Ok, still with me?
Earlier this year Temper Tantrum passed her driving test & got a car. I now live in Crapsville so Christmas day will be a doddle. On the 27th The Boy & I will again head up the motorway to Wakefield. He & his mother will be in Watford. So I suggested that to cut a few miles off my trip she could drive up to Milton Keynes & we'd meet there (MK being 20 miles south of Northampton). Her response to what I feel is a more than reasonable request considering the last 2 years? "I don't think so, once I get to my mum's I want a complete break so you'll have to come & get him". Aghast, I pointed out all the effort I had gone to in the past, despite the fact it's not my responsibility to make sure she has Christmas at her mum's.
"I'll think about it"

I knew I should of gone with Plan B.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:31 pm, Blogger shorty said…

    Plan B would keep you from Plan C.

     
  • At 7:08 pm, Blogger Flash said…

    ...and we wouldn't want that now, would we? ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home