FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

"Never stop looking, never stop looking for..."

Limahl fag!! (All will be revealed)

Ok so what's been going in world of Flash I hear you ask?
I'm slowly learning to regulate my x-box usage which will hopefully mean paying the ol' blog a bit more attention. I've been working hard, well I've been at work a lot! 18 hour shift yesterday, 12 hours today & probably tomorrow. I'm not right happy about working till 2am this week. It's the last week & it's wind down time, y'know. Total Cock however thinks of nothing but making the company lots of money & thus putting himself in a favourable light. Can't blame him I suppose. Due to the nature of my position, if the plant runs I have to be here so I don't really have a choice. Whilst on the subject of work, today we had our plant meetings, where loads of us huddle in the canteen to be told how well we're all doing, how it's going, blah blah blah. In today's I was given my certificate & a round of applause for completing 10 years service. Ah applause, I remember it well (sigh)....

I am 80% complete on my Christmas shopping. I shall be doing the final bit on Thursday morning when Buddy With Boobs & I go to Milton Keynes. I have got all the gifts for the family, for my 2nd family (Reckless, Dream Girl & brood), Buddy With Boobs, Funny Dance & Smiler.
Of course I've spent a small fortune on The Boy but I'd still like to get a few more bits for him. That just leaves They Used To Be Even Bigger, Leeds Boy, Lulu & Get Ready.

Strike up the violins & get your hankies ready... There is a very distinct possibility that your poor correspondent will have no gifts to open on Christmas day (sob). Reckless & Dream Girl told me at the weekend that they couldn't afford anything for me (which is fine considering the amount of kids they have to sort out & they've promised to make it up to me at Birthday time), Buddy With Boobs gave me hers today & insisted I opened it there & then: Green Day CD - Cool. Funny Dance has bought The Boy & I tickets to go & see Northampton Town play Southampton in the FA cup in January & I don't go home to Yorkshire till the 27th. So think of me on Xmas day, boo hoo...

OOH SPOOKY DEJA VU SHIT! I was just looking over that last bit & as I read the first few words I knew that I'd seen this moment before. I do get Deja Vu quite a bit & it's the wierdest thing.

I was just checking out my site stats & discovered the following searches had led people to my humble little bit of green web space...

Brummie funny - This searchee was directed to the tale of this year's first London Baby! trip back in June. With the presence of Funny Dance & Big Laugh Brummie. They didn't stay & have a browse.

She may be the face I cant forget... - 3 different individuals were routed to my praise of my far flung friend which was titled with the lyric in question. None of them stayed.

Singing in Trafalger Square - This particular person stumbled here via Buddy With Boobs & I's recent London jaunt to see Snow Patrol (who incidentally I'm sulking with for their no show at the Flashys). They elected not to stay.

Sambuka hangover- Sympathy goes out to this searcher who found me through the recent "How much of a legend am I?" post. I'm assuming they were looking for a cure for said hangover as the method of getting one is rather straight forward. They didn't stay.

Limahl Fag - I kid you not, some twisted soul out there is searching the net for Limahl fag! I dare not reason as to why. I was flabbergasted to find they were directed here via the timeline where the spiky haired tosspot was mentioned & the copious mentions of fags. I suspect they meant a different kind of fag. They didn't stay.

Christmas cards - Flash & PPS - My last post almost did the trick in luring this one here in mentioning Christmas, Flash & PPS. The deal was sealed by Dav Ford pulling the cue CARDS from his pocket during his speech for his Flashy! And guess what? They stayed for half an hour & enjoyed (I hope) five pages of the Flashman. Huzzah!!

Going back to presents, I have undertaken a grand project for Reckless' gift. I decided to spent very little money on him (This stems from his Birthday in March when I bought him a day white water rafting from E-bay, which wasn't cheap. The day involved traveling all of 3 chuffing miles to Northampton's special canoe type place, yet Reckless never bothered going & it expired in October. I have been grumpy about it ever since but have not berated him for fear of not knowing when to stop!). Anyway I am spending my most precious commodity on him; time. Reckless gets all my technological hand-me-downs & as such now listens to all his tunes on his minidisc player (deposed by the I-pod). I am making him minidiscs of the best 15 albums of 2004, complete with mini sleeves. I've made all the sleeves & am about half way through recording the blighters! At least I know he'll use these!

Anyway, I hope all these waffle has gone some way to making up for my recent lapsadasical blogging efforts. Tomorrow I think I shall chronicle my personal highs & lows of 2004.
Right now I've still got 2 hours work to do.
Bugger.
(How would I write anything if there were no brackets?)

2 Comments:

  • At 12:24 am, Blogger shorty said…

    I miss you!

     
  • At 3:36 pm, Blogger GJC said…

    Jeebus man. Put the X-Box DOWN and back away slowly.

    Glad to have you back!

    I, personally, could not write a post if there were no semicolons. So I understand your bracket obsession.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home