FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Monday, January 03, 2005

"Maybe I can do it if I put my back into it"

The decorations came down this morning bringing with them the realisation that the festive season is well & truly over. One thing looms ahead like a giant looming thing set on maximum loom. Work.
As you know I have vowed to myself to be a better employee this year. This is a two pronged defense strategy. Firstly, I do not want to get the sack. Financially it would be a major setback & professionally it would look so bad on my CV that sending some sheep excrement with my application would possibly get me a better chance of an interview. Secondly, I don't forever want to be known as... Ah, Flash, he's a great bloke but... So it's time I put some effort in & showed them just how bloody good I can be. Then a little further down the line, if they haven't took notice & offered me some form of recognition and/or advancement I'll be off & they'll mourn my loss. Maybe.
And how am I starting my new year at work? With an 18 hour double shift, no less. After that though I'll only have Wednesday & Thursday to do as I'm on lates this week.

I have listened to the classically titled "Egg wielding freak" approximately 23 times today & has it got any less funky? Has it bollocks!!

Other good news today: Coventry City 1-2 Leeds United. Yay! 9 points out of 12 over the hols can't be bad, can it?

Resolution news: Fags smoked since Jan 1 : 40
Lunch today: Steak 'n' Eggs (I've only just got a cooker & I have to use it, right?)
Still, I haven't put a foot wrong at work yet this year!
Marvel at my iron will!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home