FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Saturday, January 01, 2005

"All is quiet on new year's day"

Today has been a day of solitude & after the last week or so it has been very welcome.
Other than the hour or so when Our Kid was here I've been all on me todd. I spent the morning tidying up the flat so that my sister would be impressed on her first visit. The place looks much better today, my kitchen is all full of new stuff. I have my new washing machine & I have a load of stuff that Our Kid gave me as she's recently revamped her kitchen. I have a new microwave, a new toaster, kettle, breadbin & some of those tea-coffee-sugar pots. It's all a bit girly to be honest but it's very nice & I'm very happy with it.

So, about last night. I was supposed to meet up with Namesake but our paths never crossed so I hung out with Sound But Spitty & 50%. They are hardly riveting company at the best of times but I didn't want to be Billy-no-mates on new year's eve now did I?
I drank a lot of vodka as we went to a couple of pubs then we went to Crapsville's secondary nightspot (Premier nightclub charging a tenner to get in) & it was here where I bumped into Bitch. Bitch is a friend of Funny Dance's ex wife. I went over & said hello. It was soon established that we were both single & looking to avoid bringing the new year in alone. I should've realised that things were not right straight away. Verbally it was a done deal, after midnight we would hook up & basically get it on at her place or mine, yet she showed no real zest for said plan. This sought me to seek re-assurance several times which she gave each time. You know the rest.
Suffice to say that last night when I vented my spleen I was a very drunk & angry little bunny. However this morning I honestly couldn't have cared less & I actually feel quite sorry for her as she must have some issues if that's how she treats people. I thank my girls for their support & I offer my sincere apologies to all the good women out there who may have been offended by my vodka-fuelled venom.

I lasted till 7pm before it all got too much for me & I caved in by nipping to the shop for 10 fags.
I will try again tomorrow. I haven't eaten anything lardy & I've been a model employee so 2 out of 3 ain't bad, eh?

Over crimbo I watched "Shaun of the dead" which I thought was great & I fully recommend it. For anyone who has seen it may I just say that I pissed my pants at the bit with the record box.

That's it for today. I'm going to have a sandwich & some coffee, wait for Match of the day & then turn in. Night peeps.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:49 am, Blogger shorty said…

    Wait, you haven't been to work yet this year, so that doesn't count. LOL.

    Just say "no" to those fags. They are just a pain in the ass. LOL

    No offense taken, not every woman is as wonderful as the two you met on here. : )

     

Post a Comment

<< Home