FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Thursday, February 10, 2005

"Marching on together..."

Well, I've been wanting to blog all day but haven't had much to say, still haven't but anyway...

My fears and paranoia over "Confessions..." have been washed away by a big wave of cocky euphoria. I think it's because it's nearly finished.
"Resistance is futile" has today taken on new life (No Duke it's not complication or circulating), it's become something fantastic. To such an extent that it may take the hallowed position of Track 2.
I think I will be doing the vocals over the weekend & if they go well I could be all wrapped up by next week.
The sleeve is pretty much done. I'm really happy with the front cover & the inside cover is just awaiting a photo of Reckless & myself.
Dream Girl will be doing the honours tomorrow night. Don't get too excited though, I shall be keeping some air of mystery about myself. I'm envisaging a black & white half lit piccy where we will only be partly discernible.

In other news The Early Birds are still doing well. Funny Dance has just discovered "Wires" by Athlete. Under the circumstances it's a great song for him to be digging right now.

On Saturday I shall be doing something that I haven't done for ages.
No, not shagging (I'm not that lucky), I'm going to Elland road to watch Leeds United play Reading. It's been 3 years since I last went, a 1-0 home defeat to PSV Eindhoven.
It's gonna be great to be there, though there is an element of weirdness to it. I always find it very strange to go so close to home & not see my folks or Our Kid. I probably won't see The Duke Of Jokes or my brother in law (must come up with a name for him) either & I'll be sharing a stadium with them.
I'm going with The Silver Fox, Makes Me Laugh (A really funny guy who I haven't seen in ages), Funny Dance & Leeds Boy. Obviously Funny Dance wants to get home as soon as possible so there'll be no time for any visiting.
There better be time for fish & chips or there'll be trouble!

The Boy is going away for the weekend with his mum. I'll see him for a couple of hours tomorrow then he's off. I miss the little bugger when I'm on lates so I'm a bit gutted that he's away. It does however give me time to do other things, like tidying up the pigsty that I've let the flat become & getting those vocals done.

If any of you find my incessant album talk boring I'd better warn you: It's gonna get worse before it gets better!

7 Comments:

  • At 10:56 pm, Blogger Hyde said…

    Have you recorded stuff before? Any way to hear some of it? I'd love to know what your music is like...

     
  • At 11:17 pm, Blogger Flash said…

    I recorded some stuff at school which was pretty cool for it's time, but this is the first time I've been able to immerse myself in something like this.
    As, dare I say it, a regular reader you will soon be recieving the details needed to get your very own copy of "Confessions of an idiot".
    Stay tuned & thanks for the interest.

     
  • At 11:22 pm, Blogger Charby said…

    Leeds...
    *snigger*

     
  • At 11:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Leeds...
    *snigger*
    OI!

    Let's compare honours.....

    Leeds UnitedLeague Champions 1968-69, 1973-74, 1991-92
    Runners-Up 1964-65, 1965-66, 1969-70, 1970-71, 1971-72
    Division Two Champions 1923-24, 1963-64, 1989-90
    Division Two Runners-Up 1927-28, 1931-32, 1955-56
    FA Cup Winners 1972
    FA Cup Finalists 1965, 1970, 1973
    League Cup Winners 1968
    League Cup Finalists 1996
    European Cup Finalists 1975 (Robbed by bent Ref)
    European Cup Winners Cup Finalists 1973 (Ditto)
    Fairs Cup Winners 1968, 1971
    Fairs Cup Finalists 1967
    FA Charity Shield Winners 1969, 1992
    FA Youth Challenge Cup Winners 1993, 1997

    Charlton AthleticDivision 1 Champions 1999-00
    Runners-Up 1935-36
    Play-off Champions 1986-87, 1997-98
    Division 2 Runners-Up 1935-36, 1985-86
    Division 3 (South) Champions 1928-29, 1934-35
    Promoted 1974-75, 1980-81
    Runners-Up 1935-36
    FA Cup Winners 1947
    Runners-Up 1946

    Hmmmm ;-)

     
  • At 10:09 pm, Blogger Charby said…

    Hehe.
    If we're gonna be petty...
    Who's in the premiership now huh?
    lol

     
  • At 8:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ahh but you did get to see me ;-)
    AND you got to see Hulse score 2 fantastic goals on his debut!

    WE ARE LEEDS!
    WE ARE LEEDS!
    WE ARE LEEDS!

     
  • At 9:19 pm, Blogger Charby said…

    Hehehe.
    Gotta admit I was looking out for their results today.
    Good win for them

     

Post a Comment

<< Home