FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Monday, February 14, 2005

"...We're gonna see you win"

Well, that was a fine weekend.
Friday night I went over to Reckless & Dream girl’s gaff. Got drunk, had a laugh & gently appreciated Dream Girl doing her unconscious (I think!) gravitate to Flash thing.
She does that a lot & I don’t think she’s aware of it; she always seems to be closer to me than Reckless.

Got up Saturday & drove back to Crapsville in time to meet the boys in the café for a scrummy fried breakfast. Then off we went to Leeds.
We arrived about 2ish, The Silver Fox & I hung out by Billy’s statue while the others went in the club shop. They didn’t get out till 2.55! Cue much moaning from me about the girls enjoying their shopping too much & causing us to nearly miss kick off.
It was ace to actually be at the match & the team played really well. We went into half time 1-0 up thanks to David Healy’s cool finish.
As I headed for a pint & a pee at half time my phone rang. Twas The Duke Of Jokes & he was in the same stand, so we had a brief meet up & a natter which was cool.
In the 2nd half we sorted Reading out good and proper. 2 great strikes for new boy Rob Hulse put us 3-0 up. At which point I got a text from The Duke Of Jokes telling me I’m a good luck charm!
Reading got a consolation goal at the end but it took nothing away from a great Leeds performance.

We got some Fish & chips after the game & came back to Crapsville. When we got back The Silver Fox, Makes Me Laugh & myself went out for a few more beers. We had a good laugh & I eventually stumbled back home at about 1am, reflecting on a fantastically good blokey day.

Sunday, wasn’t so good. I completed the last of the music tracks for “Confessions…” & proceeded to work on the vocals. For some reason I didn’t seem to be singing very well so I upped the computer & everything else & headed over to Reckless & Dream Girl’s.
This had the desired effect & I sang much better. I think it’s having an audience that made it better for me, performing as opposed to just singing.
Sadly, though we had some serious equipment failings & it all went to shit.
Gotta go back over tonight as I’ve left the computer & all my equipment over there, hopefully all the gremlins will have been kicked square in the nuts.

Watched the first 2 episodes of Joey last night & I really enjoyed them. I laughed a lot & that’ll do for me. I know it’s not gonna be as good as Friends but laughter is all I really seek.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:48 pm, Blogger shorty said…

    Happy Valentine's Day!!!!

     
  • At 6:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Is this the 1st post of yours where the song title carries on from the previous one? ;)

    Twas a great game, Even Jermaine Wright played well, though Kelly owes Sully a pint for the own goal that nearly was!

    What's all this "Happy V********'s Day" bollocks? Hogwash I say, Hogwash!!

    PS this new comment thingy's cool cos I can add my name now

     
  • At 7:24 pm, Blogger shorty said…

    DofJ - I would have to agree, I hate V*******'s Day as well. I think it is a commercial holiday, to make money. However, I do believe in kindness and so I will wish you a Happy V's Day too!!! ;0)

     
  • At 9:59 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I haven't hated V-Day for the last 5 years, just this year. Flash knows why!
    Thanks for the wishes though ;)

    And Flash - wasn't that impressed by Joey. It had its moments but I thought Nathan Barley on Fri. night was better :-P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home