FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Thursday, December 01, 2005

"Quand tu vois ton bateau partir"

Bon sour mon petit pois!

Why is anonymous sad?
So asks the lovely Spins.

Well I can answer that for you.
Anonymous is a "real life" person in World of Flash, a real life person who was, quite rightly, upset that I had sent them but one lowly e-mail since arriving in Lyon. One e-mail that was reasonably scant on detail. When anonymous read this blog and saw all the vast amount of postings & the stories & the pictures, they felt that I had neglected them in favour of my reading public. They were right.
I have offered my apologies & I'm sure everything will be fine.
They really did have every right to be saddened.

Last night myself & two colleagues went out for a delicious Indian meal & I did consume several units of alcohol. By the time I popped in here I was quite tiddly! I'm sorry for any inappropriate or badly spelled comments I may have posted.

Tomorrow lunchtime sees me return home to my beloved England. I can't wait!

As you all know, I have been totally loving my time here in this gorgeous city but I am ready for a dose of home comforts.

Here are just a few things I am giddily anticipating;
  • Seeing The Boy
  • Seeing Nice (I received a text this morning telling me that I'd better be up to administering "a bloody good seeing to", think I'm up to the job?)
  • Going over to see Reckless, Dream Girl & family, especially as it is Cutieboy's 7th birthday on Saturday
  • Watching the 2 episodes of Lost that Nice has taped for me
  • My own bed
  • Match of the Day
  • A sausage & egg sandwich (perhaps with a cheese slice)
  • Driving on the correct side of the road in my own car
  • Being able to hold a proper conversation with everyone I meet
  • My computer
  • A nice long soak in the bath with the new issue of Q
  • Seeing exactly how much money I earned last week

And that list is not exhaustive!!

I shall, however, miss you guys as I have been cut off at home & won't be able to rectify it yet. Still saves me having to come up with those pesky English lyrics, eh? Where's the challenge in that!?

Have a smashing weekend, mon amis!

12 Comments:

  • At 9:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How thoughtless of you Flash, you should have left someone in charge of the seeing to's, while you were gone. Who is goin to take care of the mingers?

     
  • At 10:01 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have a safe trip home dude. Enjoy the list. Especially the first two.

    I'm sure adventures in the UK will be just as good as Lyon...

     
  • At 10:16 pm, Blogger Alecya G said…

    Hope you have an excellent time while you are home.

     
  • At 11:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have to say Herr Flash that I'm mighty impressed you managed to keep up that foreign jibba-jabba on your post headings, though I haven't a clue if you've cheated ;)

    and could the word verification BE any longer or more ridiculous? "zlrtukan" indeed...

     
  • At 12:25 am, Blogger swisslet said…

    you are bloody loving it, and more power to you.

    ST

     
  • At 2:20 am, Blogger Pepsiqueen! said…

    Hey,
    Thanks for coming to my blog. I finally remembered to answer your question about my shoulders. This is funny, I am your age (almost lousy 36 and also an Aquarius. Just wondering when your birthday is (we could be twins separated at birth!!) Mine is Feb. 13.
    Oh, and enjoy becoming reunited with Nice!!

     
  • At 3:53 am, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    The lovely Spins must humbly appologize to anonymous for mistaking said friend of le Flash with the rodents that sometimes roam our lovely blog world leaving strange messages. I am most sincerely sorry.

    And Yay! Le Flash can be Flash for the weekend. It will be exciting to hear the adventure that is being at home!

    Travel safe there and back.

     
  • At 11:34 am, Blogger red one said…

    have a nice blighty-break, Flash. Absence make the heart grow fonder and all that.

    red

     
  • At 2:41 pm, Blogger Hyde said…

    Have a smashing weekend yourself, mon cher!

     
  • At 8:48 pm, Blogger Erika said…

    One of the greatest joys of being away is coming home - everything is just better. Have a great visit, Flash. And make sure Nice has enough to tide her over until the next visit...

     
  • At 4:27 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Flash I know you haven't asked me yet but you will so here is the song I associate with you. Reasons explained later on my blog.

    Uh-huh, shattered
    Shattered, shattered
    Love and hope and sex and dreams
    Are still surviving on the street
    Look at me, I'm in tatters!
    I'm a shattered
    Shattered

    Friends are so alarming
    My lover's never charming
    Life's just a cocktail party on the street
    Big Apple
    People dressed in plastic bags
    Directing traffic
    Some kind of fashion
    Shattered

    Laughter, joy, and loneliness and sex and sex and sex and sex
    Look at me, I'm in tatters
    I'm a shattered
    Shattered

    All this chitter-chatter, chitter-chatter, chitter-chatter 'bout
    Shmatta, shmatta, shmatta -- I can't give it away on 7th Avenue
    This town's been wearing tatters (shattered, shattered)
    Work and work for love and sex
    Ain't you hungry for success, success, success, success
    Does it matter? (Shattered) Does it matter?
    I'm shattered.
    Shattered

    Ahhh, look at me, I'm a shattered
    I'm a shattered
    Look at me- I'm a shattered, yeah

    Pride and joy and greed and sex
    That's what makes our town the best
    Pride and joy and dirty dreams and still surviving on the street
    And look at me, I'm in tatters, yeah
    I've been battered, what does it matter
    Does it matter, uh-huh
    Does it matter, uh-huh, I'm a shattered

    Don't you know the crime rate is going up, up, up, up, up
    To live in this town you must be tough, tough, tough, tough, tough!
    You got rats on the west side
    Bed bugs uptown
    What a mess this town's in tatters I've been shattered
    My brain's been battered, splattered all over Manhattan

    Uh-huh, this town's full of money grabbers
    Go ahead, bite the Big Apple, don't mind the maggots, huh
    Shadoobie, my brain's been battered
    My friends they come around they
    Flatter, flatter, flatter, flatter, flatter, flatter, flatter
    Pile it up, pile it high on the platter

     
  • At 7:59 pm, Blogger adem said…

    Come back soon Flash

     

Post a Comment

<< Home