FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Friday, September 03, 2004

"You make me want to SCREAM!"

And another thing...
I love the English language, it's a colourful & rich tool for expressing one's thoughts.
Since I ventured into Blogland I've had to reluctantly accept that Americans (about to alienate the lion's share of my potential readership here, oh dear) just remove the U from various words as & when they feel like it; Colour, favourite, etc. (and what's with turning the end of "centre" round?)
Having said that I can deal with that, it's a cultural thing. (Not that it's right, it's ENGLISH who said you could change it?)
Sorry.
There is a much more evil abuse of my mother tongue going on in Blogland and with alarming frequency. Here is an extract I stole (Go ahead, sue me!) from a blog yesterday....

omfg itz so b0rin....im @ skool and dis is cs....so fkin b0rin... .... .... st0pid pplz rnd me...

What the fuck is that about?

Honestly would someone tell me how this is acceptable? I do realise that it's "written" by a child but hey, how old were you when you learned to write ?

So I'd like to start a campaign against this but as you can see at the bottom of the page, no one reads this. To those who do I appeal to you, if you see any children or (god forbid) adults using language like that hit them round the head with a heavy instrument (perhaps a dictionary) until they desist. They'll thank you for it one day.
If they don't, I will.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:09 pm, Blogger shorty said…

    Well now I'm a reader and I'm hooked on your rants. You make me laugh. You say it like it is and too few people do that these days. Keep typing and I will keep reading. Have a great weekend.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home