FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

"Found myself talking to a frog today"

So, about being objective.
Over at the Gnu Cnu website a couple of new comments have appeared.
And to that commenter the vocal on "Resistance is futile" is, and I quote, "Exquisite". Fancy that!
So I figure I'll just upload the whole album in one go & that will be that.
Some time this week I'm gonna post a track by track guide, stuff about the inspirations behind the songs, when they were written, that sort of thing.
Then I'm officially closing the door on "Confessions..." as I suspect I've tried your collective patience quite enough.

Cutieboy had his 2nd operation this afternoon. It went well but he's now in a HDU as he's had 2 operations in a week. He'll be in hospital for another week or so & then off school for a minimum of 4 weeks. Poor little fella.

High drama around work today. I was having a fag about 3.30ish this afternoon when the police helicopter starts hovering above the place. My work is right on the edge of Crapsville & to the North & East there are just fields & a semi-famous hill. Looking into the fields I spotted a couple of rozzers, I then went out the back & counted about 6 plod wondering around the adjacent fields with the chopper hovering above. I never knew if they caught the fugitive they were after but I'll no doubt be informed by the Crapsville weekly on Thursday.
The last time I saw something like this was New years day 2 or 3 years back. The copperchopper was out then & I observed several police cars around the edge of the country park. I found out a couple of days later that a couple of youths had stolen a crate of Stella from a shop. That justified all that tax payers money, eh?

So I'm working till 2am tonight & I've pretty much completed all my tasks already so I'm gonna unleash another list on you. This time my favourite albums from each year since 1980. The rules state that I'm listing the album that was my fave at the time, even if I've since discovered a better album from that year.

1980- Kings of the Wild Frontier / Adam & the Ants
1981- Duran Duran / Duran Duran
1982- The Changling / Toyah
1983- Seven & the ragged tiger / Duran Duran
1984- Human Racing / Nik Kershaw
1985- Songs from the big chair / Tears for fears
1986- Black Celebration / Depeche Mode
1987- Music for the masses / Depeche Mode
1988- Once around the world / It bites
1989- Technique / New order
1990- Violator / Depeche Mode
1991- Acthung baby - U2
1992- Change everything / Del amitri
1993- Songs of faith & devotion / Depeche Mode
1994- Parklife / Blur
1995- Different class / Pulp
1996- Everything must go / Manic street preachers & Coming up / Suede*
1997- Ok computer / Radiohead
1998- Six / Mansun
1999- Performance & cocktails / Stereophonics
2000- JJ72 / JJ72
2001- Origin of symmetry / Muse
2002- This is where I stand / Easyworld
2003- Absolution / Muse
2004 - Final straw / Snow patrol

*Just cannot split them.
So there you go.

Today's title is the first line of a song called "Frog" which I wrote about 4 years ago. It's a jolly little guitar & voice knockabout that I just don't feel I could do with reason. It was inspired one day at work when I found myself talking to a frog in the chemical yard.
I often do this.
It's usually something along the lines of; "You don't want to be hopping around here mate, what with all these chemicals about"
This evening I found myself treading on a frog.
I was absolutely gutted when I realised, which was some time later when I checked to see what I'd trodden on earlier when I'd been in a hurry. It had stayed in my mind because it was a strange underfoot feeling. A bit squishy.
I really did almost cry.
Poor little fella.

And how the fuck does the retarded spellchecker get Syncopation from Knockabout????????

4 Comments:

  • At 11:49 am, Blogger shorty said…

    What is it with you and things that hop? Kangaroos, frogs.....

    My first roadkill was a frog. Sorry.

    Beat ya Chapstick. Ha.

     
  • At 2:18 pm, Blogger Mike Davis said…

    1980 to 1982 I'm right with you. '85 to '87 is pretty good too.

    1992??? I am just listening to that as I write! (Is it who you always hoped you would become, when you were young?)

    Spooky!

     
  • At 6:00 pm, Blogger Hyde said…

    That's a really gross story about the frog. I have a feeling I'll be thinking of that one all day. I hope Cutieboy gets well soon! And as for your last post, one of my favorite things from my summer in England was chep Tesco wine!

    lol,
    hyde

     
  • At 6:18 pm, Blogger Chapstick said…

    I have been beaten? Nooooooo!

    *rushes to find a time machine to undo this*

    See, most of the time, I dont get to check here untill I get out of school and get to work, co it was a christmas miracle that i even got that first post.

    And adamant: wha??

     

Post a Comment

<< Home