FLASHPOINT

Beware of the pixies!

Monday, April 25, 2005

"I took her to a supermarket..."

This weekend I have been looking after Reckless & Dream Girl's children.
Sadly young Cutieboy is in hospital, he had appendicitus (Sp?) & had the operation on Wednesday. There have been complications & he is to be operated on again today.
Reckless & Dream Girl are understandably wanting to be with him throughout this ordeal so I basically lived at their house all weekend. I'll keep you posted on his situation.

Now this may be a desperately flawed idea but I thought I'd share with you the contents of this weeks shopping trolley. Then you can all have a better understanding of my culinary habits, etc.
So let's take a trip down my reciept from Tesco's on Friday afternoon...

6 200ml cartons of apple juice- For The Boy
2 x Bernand Matthew's Cheese Hamwichs - Bootiful & buy one get one free, how could I possibly resist?
6 pack of chocolate mousse
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles pasta shapes - also for The Boy, honest!
2 x Smoked bacon rashers - Buy one get one free, result!
Dark chocolate digestives
Chocolate brownie vienetta - mmmmmmm
Cooked beef - for the sarnies
Fair trade double choc chip cookies
10 dark chocolate "breaks" - Tesco's kit kats
Cheese - Red Leicester
Fish Fingers
8 Cumberland Sausages - If I went to the supermarket & didn't buy sausages it just wouldn't be right!
2 Chesseburgers
Eggs
Chicken Tikka Masala with rice - Pop it in the microwave & voila - a proper meal!
8 Crumpets
2 Chocolate croissants
24 pack of Tesco's snacks - Wotsits, Monster munch, etc
Plain Baguette- Which is now stale as I was away at the weekend
Pappadums
Nann bread
Loaf of white bread - I've recently defected from Hovis to Kingsmill (the purple one) as it's just as yummy but stays fresh a couple of days longer.
DVD- "Die Hard" at only 6 quid! Though I've been meaning to get the box set, I just couldn't resist.
Magazine - FHM which I only buy once a year when they do the 100 sexiest women in the world thing. Much drooling ensues...

So that was this week's shopping which cost me £38.61.


Having thoroughly enjoyed watching my songs on the "Charts", I now plan to upload the rest of the album to soundclick. I'm going to do this 2 songs at a time, 1 strong one & one not so strong.
Of the 10 remaining I'd like to ask if you agree with the following assesment...

Strong -
Confessions of an idiot
Upon the scales
Nothing's changed
Hate farm
The truth about you

Not so strong-
The love of my night
Leave the poor girl alone
Second best
Never enough
Resistance is futile (which I may not upload at all because, let's face it, it's an awful vocal that I someone allowed past quality control)

I really would appreciate any thoughts on the above, as your opinions will be much more objective than mine.

7 Comments:

  • At 1:43 pm, Blogger Chapstick said…

    Haha! First post! I dunno, I just feel special finally getting a post before the girls...

     
  • At 4:00 pm, Blogger Charby said…

    LOL @ Chapstick!!!!!!!!!
    How long have they been doing chocolate brownie vienetta? And why haven't you made me aware of this fact before now?!!!

     
  • At 4:57 pm, Blogger Flash said…

    And only 99p Charbs!
    Get your ass to tesco missy, or you could come & share some of mine (wink)

     
  • At 6:00 pm, Blogger shorty said…

    Hey now. I don't comment and I'm replaced by Chapstick and Charby.

    Huh.

     
  • At 7:17 pm, Blogger HistoryGeek said…

    I love the shopping list...being a veg, mine looks completely different.

     
  • At 10:26 pm, Blogger Charby said…

    Somehow Flash if I came up to share your vienetta I doubt there wouldn't be much left to share with you!

     
  • At 7:28 pm, Blogger Nigar said…

    Saw your comment on my blog, strange and haunting in a way to hear a voice from England after so many years, spent my college years in Buckinghamshire and London. Skipped over to check your blog and saw that most memorable of memories...a Tesco shopping list.After living in Texas for a few years, I do miss all things English....food, humor, secular attitude to life.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home